• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-27T11:07:17Z by dp_techdev
Yugan3R
Yugan3R
19 Posts

Pinned topic Enforcing mediation Policy in DataPower

‏2013-09-05T20:06:18Z |

Hello All,

We have been working on integrating Datapower and WSRR . Part of it, we are trying to fetch the mediation policies in Datapower ,that are authored in WSRR 8.0 (Business Space). We have followed the couple of developer works articles to implement it. 

The Issue is , we are unable to see the attached policy / SLA/SLD  in the Data Power web service proxy SLA detailes view. The screen shot is attached .

Any inputs will be helpful to move forward.

Thanks

Attachments

• DavidSeager
    DavidSeager
    64 Posts

Re: Enforcing mediation Policy in DataPower

‏2013-09-06T10:54:35Z  

The policies need to be in the approved state so that DataPower will pick them up. That means the policy document object which is linked from the policy expression should be "Approved" state.

Also the subscription to the WSRR service should have run to pick up the changes you make when you attach the policies. If in DataPower you search for "WSRR Subscription Status" and then click to see these objects, there is a column "Last Refresh" which shows when it has last picked up changes. You can also click Synchronize here to force an update.

• Yugan3R
    Yugan3R
    19 Posts

‏2013-09-06T14:44:42Z  

The policies need to be in the approved state so that DataPower will pick them up. That means the policy document object which is linked from the policy expression should be "Approved" state.

Also the subscription to the WSRR service should have run to pick up the changes you make when you attach the policies. If in DataPower you search for "WSRR Subscription Status" and then click to see these objects, there is a column "Last Refresh" which shows when it has last picked up changes. You can also click Synchronize here to force an update.

Hello Seager,

Thanks for the inputs on the issue. As mentioned above ,the policy document is already  in Approved state. Please assist the next steps to do.

Thanks

• DavidSeager
    DavidSeager
    64 Posts

‏2013-09-06T15:41:42Z  

Validate the subscription to WSRR has updated. This article has steps to ensure the servers are all set up to talk to each other.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1210_willoughby/1210_willoughby.html

For Automatic subscription type the set up is needed. If the WSRR is secured then the certificate register onto DataPower is needed. WSRR will always need the DataPower certificate loaded.

For manual subscription you have to press the Synchronize button manually on DataPower.

You can also manually sync an Automatic subscription and I would recommend doing this (from the WSRR subscription status object) and check both the DataPower log and the WSRR server log System.out for any error messages. There may be errors if either system cannot contact the other.

Updated on 2013-09-06T15:43:28Z at 2013-09-06T15:43:28Z by DavidSeager
  • Yugan3R
    Yugan3R
    19 Posts

‏2013-09-06T18:32:01Z  

Validate the subscription to WSRR has updated. This article has steps to ensure the servers are all set up to talk to each other.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1210_willoughby/1210_willoughby.html

For Automatic subscription type the set up is needed. If the WSRR is secured then the certificate register onto DataPower is needed. WSRR will always need the DataPower certificate loaded.

For manual subscription you have to press the Synchronize button manually on DataPower.

You can also manually sync an Automatic subscription and I would recommend doing this (from the WSRR subscription status object) and check both the DataPower log and the WSRR server log System.out for any error messages. There may be errors if either system cannot contact the other.

Hello Seager,

We have SSL Proxy in between Data Power and WSRR and connectivity is working fine.

Data Power is able to  subscribe the WSDL from WSRR 8.0 and the service is working fine. We encountering the issue when we were trying to enforce mediation policy from WSRR .  We are able to see the fetched WSDL but we are unable to see the attached SLA/SLD/Mediation Policy. Please refer the attached screen shots from data power.

Thanks

• dp_techdev
    dp_techdev
    4 Posts

‏2013-11-27T11:07:17Z  

Hi

I am also facing same issue I am not able to see the policies.I observed the log and i have identified there is an issue with WSRR instance prefix.

Data power will not support instance prefix oher than WSRR (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21503954)

So I have tried to execute same query with my instance(TestWSRR) from outside even though it not showing the SLA/SLD Details.

https://x.x.x.x:9446/TestWSRR/7.5/PolicyService/SLAAttachment?combineAttachments=1&enforcementPlatform=1&bsrURI=e4b149e4-04f7-4759.858d.d8ed7ad88d4e'

SLD state Subscribable and SLA is Active.Policies are attached to SLA and in a approved state.