Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-17T20:31:54Z by dwkey
dwkey
dwkey
203 Posts

Pinned topic Open error for Gallery.egl ( EGL mobile sample )

‏2014-05-14T13:29:12Z |

When I try to open the Gallery.egl using  RUI editor,  I  encountered the error message below.

The DojoMobileView  widget can not render UI,  If I define a new handler and  use GridLayout or box as the layout, it works fine to add

Mobile widgets.  Any sharing ? 

View DojoMobileView{

selected = true, headerTitle = "EGL Mobile Gallery",
        /*backText = "Back", backView = */
         children = [themeList, List, _themeOpener ]

}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not render UI
'View' is null or not a object
[CRRUI2094E] Here are the EGL function calls leading to this error:

Gallery.<init>() [native JavaScript]
    Gallery.<init>() [native JavaScript]

'View' is null or not a object
com.ibm.egl.rui.dojo.mobile.samples/dojo/mobile/samples/Gallery.html?contextKey=4:23500
[CRRUI2095E] Could not find the EGL function calls leading to this error

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Open error for Gallery.egl ( EGL mobile sample )

‏2014-05-15T16:35:33Z  

Make sure you carefully read all of Help topics related to Dojo Mobile.

Especially:

"Developing with the EGL Dojo mobile widgets"

"Configure the render engine of the visual editor"

There is configuration required for the render engine of the visual editor and RBD 64-bit is not fully supported.

From the help: For 64-bit RBD, the result can only be previewed outside of RBD with a browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Short answer is that with 64-bit RBD you need to avoid using the "Design" pane and use the external browser option in Preview ("show the web page in an external browser") or Debug ("debug the page in an external browser") to see your work.

A fast-path to launching an EGL Dojo Mobile app in RBD is right-click, Debug As..., EGL Rich UI Application. This launches an external browser.

For me, running 64-bit RBD, the Samples Gallery runs fine using an external browser launched from Preview or in Debug but doesn't run at all in embedded preview.

Also, FYI, I have my Visual Editor Render Engine in RBD set to "Microsoft Internet Explorer" because that allows me to get to Preview without errors and then I can launch the app in an external browser (Firefox).

Hope this helps.

Dan

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

‏2014-05-15T16:35:33Z  

Especially:

There is configuration required for the render engine of the visual editor and RBD 64-bit is not fully supported.

From the help: For 64-bit RBD, the result can only be previewed outside of RBD with a browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Short answer is that with 64-bit RBD you need to avoid using the "Design" pane and use the external browser option in Preview ("show the web page in an external browser") or Debug ("debug the page in an external browser") to see your work.

A fast-path to launching an EGL Dojo Mobile app in RBD is right-click, Debug As..., EGL Rich UI Application. This launches an external browser.

For me, running 64-bit RBD, the Samples Gallery runs fine using an external browser launched from Preview or in Debug but doesn't run at all in embedded preview.

Also, FYI, I have my Visual Editor Render Engine in RBD set to "Microsoft Internet Explorer" because that allows me to get to Preview without errors and then I can launch the app in an external browser (Firefox).

Hope this helps.

Dan

• dwkey
    dwkey
    203 Posts

‏2014-05-17T20:31:54Z  

Especially:

Hope this helps.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks !

It works on my machine in Firefox browser.  My customer  still runs into the same error  in IE and works after changing the 

default browser to Chrome.