Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-05-28T16:30:51Z by Abhinav.Mail
FWM3_Robert_Mooney
FWM3_Robert_Mooney
1 Post

Pinned topic BIRT Report Problem - listing dependencies.

‏2013-08-16T13:01:39Z |

Hi,

I am using IDA for model development and am trying to use BIRT to produce a repot from an LDM. I have 2 questions:

1) If I want to produce a report that creates a grid of ENTITY, COLUMN, DEPENDENCY TYPE, DEPENDENCY TARGET how would I do that ? Here DEPENDENCY TYPE and Target are filed level depenedencies from one field to another.

2) If you are starting reports from scratch what is it that makes datasets relate. E.g. say I wanted to have a list of tables where under every table there is a list of columns what is it that makes the columns dataset 'know' it is the colument for the table. Wehn I try to create these reports from scratch I find I end up with a table header followed by all fields across all tables (instead of just those for the table).

I hope I am explaining myself clearly - any help would be appreciated.

I have written a good few BIRT reports before but have used customized templates.

• WBKV_Graham_Cousans
    WBKV_Graham_Cousans
    2 Posts

Re: BIRT Report Problem - listing dependencies.

‏2014-11-04T14:54:22Z  

Hi Robert,

Did you ever manage to produce a report including the dependencies? I'm trying to do the same but with no joy.

Regards,

Graham

• WBKV_Graham_Cousans
    WBKV_Graham_Cousans
    2 Posts

‏2014-11-05T08:27:29Z  

Hi Robert,

Did you ever manage to produce a report including the dependencies? I'm trying to do the same but with no joy.

Regards,

Graham

The only way I have managed to access this information so far is through "Analyze Impact..." and then exporting the results to csv.

• Abhinav.Mail
    Abhinav.Mail
    1 Post

‏2015-05-28T16:30:51Z  

The only way I have managed to access this information so far is through "Analyze Impact..." and then exporting the results to csv.

I am also facing teh similar requireement when creating a TYPE table for Atomic Warehouse Model, and in my case the dependencies are to teh Business Data Model (in form of Transformations from BDM to AWM).

I think the use of Analyse Impact is tactical enough to give the result, but itz would be still be amazing to use the BIRT for the same.

Any suggestions? Many Thanks in advance