Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-25T06:25:16Z by Alejo_Lucero
Alejo_Lucero
Alejo_Lucero
8 Posts

Pinned topic Cannot change Virtual Host

‏2013-04-23T15:01:36Z |

I'm running a local WAS v6.1, and I've deployed my web application (EAR) from RAD v8.5 and it runs with no errors. The business logic of the application needs the uri to be "wireless:9080/" in order to run properly from the browser. The current config of WAS allows me to run the application using "localhost:9080/<web_module_name>" so I want to change it. I start by creating a new virtual host in the admin console->environment->virtual hosts called "wireless" with port "9080", then when I tried to assign the new virtual host to my application in Applications->Enterprise Applications-><my_applicationEAR>->Virtual hosts the admin console shows the new "wireless" option in the drop-down menu but does not shows a "save/ok" button so the changes are not saved. Why can I not saved this? Is there a way to this manually?

Thank you

Updated on 2013-04-23T15:01:52Z at 2013-04-23T15:01:52Z by Alejo_Lucero
  • bpaskin
    bpaskin
    4212 Posts

Re: Cannot change Virtual Host

‏2013-04-24T15:11:09Z  

Hi, Are updating the application from RAD itself (workspace) or doing a deploy via installing the ear file?  If you just trying to run it from the workspace, you cannot change the VH at the console because the application is not actually installed but is being updating from RAD.  You would need to deploy the application normally and then you would be able to include the VH.  Also, you can include the VH in the ibm-web-bnd.xml file <virtual-host name="default_host" />

I hope this helps.

Brian

• Alejo_Lucero
    Alejo_Lucero
    8 Posts

Re: Cannot change Virtual Host

‏2013-04-25T06:25:16Z  
    • bpaskin
    • ‏2013-04-24T15:11:09Z

Hi, Are updating the application from RAD itself (workspace) or doing a deploy via installing the ear file?  If you just trying to run it from the workspace, you cannot change the VH at the console because the application is not actually installed but is being updating from RAD.  You would need to deploy the application normally and then you would be able to include the VH.  Also, you can include the VH in the ibm-web-bnd.xml file <virtual-host name="default_host" />

I hope this helps.

Brian

Thank you Bspaskin. That's what I was looking for :)