Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-04-23T06:55:13Z by Tibor_B
Tibor_B
Tibor_B
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic lpr2rrd - permission error (probably not)

‏2014-04-22T14:32:24Z |

Hi,

Lately I just installed bunch of lpar2rrd agents on our servers and two of them refuses to deliver data to lpar2rrd server with error:

Tue Apr 22 14:11:08 2014: Connect error ____.____.__:8162 : The file access permissions do not allow the specified action. /opt/lpar2rrd-agent/lpar2rrd-agent.pl:200

But what is important those failing two servers has late time on them - they are 2 hours late. So I suspect that this is real reason behind the problem.

I know this is specific for lpar2rrd, but we do not have paid for support of course, so perhaps somebody will be able to help here.

Of course, let's say changing the time on those two servers is out of question :)

Thanks

Tibor

• Pave1
    Pave1
    45 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: lpr2rrd - permission error (probably not)

‏2014-04-23T06:00:59Z  in response to Tibor_B

Hi,

it is a connection error when the agent trying to make a TCP connection to the lpar2rrd server.Error returns connect() cmd.

As per me there is a "system" problem on that OS like DNS resolving does not work for ordinary users etc.Might be wrong file permissions for /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf ...

Is this working (under lpar2rrd user from that lpar)

ping __lpar2rrd_server__
    telnet __lpar2rrd_server__ 8162

When this does not help then send us (support at lpar2rrd.com)  gzipped truss from that lpar (under lpar2rrd user)

truss -fo /tmp/x.out perl /opt/lpar2rrd-agent/lpar2rrd-agent.pl __lpar2rrd_server__ now

Cheers,

Pavel

• Tibor_B
      Tibor_B
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: lpr2rrd - permission error (probably not)

‏2014-04-23T06:55:13Z  in response to Pave1

telnet _____._____.__ 8162

Trying...
      telnet: connect: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.

So I found there is firewall (IP Security) activated on these two LPARs preventing telnet connections. I did not know about this.

Thank you very much for help!