Topic
15 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-29T17:43:39Z by haola
AlliG
AlliG
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Jazz SM - Dashboard Application Services HUB- Unable to login

‏2013-05-14T19:24:08Z |

I've installed a new instance of Jazz SM with TBSM 6.1.1.  After the initial installation I get to the login screen and enter in the user/pass and get the following error:

Error 500

An error occurred while processing request: /ibm/console/error.do

Message: Filter [TIPISCLITEAuthorizationFilter]: could not be initialized

What could be causing this error?

• haola
    haola
    23 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Jazz SM - Dashboard Application Services HUB- Unable to login

‏2013-05-14T19:38:29Z  in response to AlliG

Hi,

To help with the investigation, can you please provide the <JazzSM_HOME>/ui/console_logs.zip?   JazzSM_HOME is the installation location of JazzSM.

Thanks

Hao

Updated on 2013-05-14T19:38:53Z at 2013-05-14T19:38:53Z by haola
    • AlliG
      AlliG
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T19:48:46Z  in response to haola

Attached is the console_logs.zip

Attachments

• haola
        haola
        23 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T23:26:16Z  in response to AlliG

Hi,

Thanks for the logs.  

The error about the filter initialization message is referring to a servlet filter defined in DASH, but  we cannot find any log message references to it or to login failures of any sort in the logs.   Generally speaking, we would expect to see something similar to this in the JazzSMProfile/logs/server1/SystemOut.log when someone attempts to log in:

[5/10/13 17:31:42:165 EDT] 00000023 servlet I com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper init SRVE0242I: [isc] [/ibm/console] [/index.jsp]: Initialization successful.
        [5/10/13 17:31:42:878 EDT] 00000022 servlet I com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper init SRVE0242I: [isc] [/ibm/console] [/logon.jsp]: Initialization successful.

[...]

Could you please do me a favor and perform this sequence?

1. Stop server1 for the JazzSMProfile

2. Start server1 up

3. Try to log in the DASH console.   Do you still have issue?

4. Rename the previous<JazzSM_HOME>/ui/console_logs.zip to <JazzSM_HOME>/ui/console_logs.zip_old.

5. Go to <JazzSM_HOME>/ui/bin and run consoleLogCollector.sh.

6. Please attach the new logs from #5 here.

Thanks!

• AlliG
          AlliG
          7 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T03:25:21Z  in response to haola

I have stop and restarted the JazzSM profile multiple times and still get the same error.

I've attached the logs from the consoleLogCollector.sh.

I do also see errors in the logs under $JazzSM_HOME/profile/logs/server1

[5/14/13 23:13:44:637 EDT] 00000077 webapp        E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: [Servlet Error]-[action]: java.lang.NullPointerException
                  at com.ibm.isclite.service.datastore.portletentities.AbstractPortletEntityServiceImpl.getAllPortletEntities(AbstractPortletEntityServiceImpl.java:1016)
                  at com.ibm.isclite.common.util.AuthzFilterUtil.queryRolesByFilter(AuthzFilterUtil.java:94)
                  at com.ibm.isclite.common.util.AuthzFilterUtil.getRolesByFilter(AuthzFilterUtil.java:63)
                  at com.ibm.isclite.service.security.filter.TIPAuthorizationFilter._parseAndAddRoles(TIPAuthorizationFilter.java:171)
                  at com.ibm.isclite.service.security.filter.TIPAuthorizationFilter.init(TIPAuthorizationFilter.java:150)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.init(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:145)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager._loadFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:568)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.loadFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:475)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.getFilterInstanceWrapper(WebAppFilterManager.java:308)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.getFilterChain(WebAppFilterManager.java:380)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:892)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1025)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:87)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:895)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1662)
                  at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:195)
                  at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:459)
                  at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:526)
                  at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:312)
                  at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:283)
                  at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.determineNextChannel(SSLConnectionLink.java:1048)
                  at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink$MyReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLConnectionLink.java:642)
                  at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1784)
                  at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
                  at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
                  at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
                  at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
                  at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
                  at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
                  at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
                  at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1814)

• haola
            haola
            23 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T12:38:01Z  in response to AlliG

Hi,

Would you please attach the logs from your last try? Thanks!

• AlliG
              AlliG
              7 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T13:27:23Z  in response to haola

It appears I cannot attach the logs to a reply.  Not sure why.  Is there another way to send you the logs?

Updated on 2013-05-15T13:30:20Z at 2013-05-15T13:30:20Z by AlliG
            • AlliG
              AlliG
              7 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T13:32:26Z  in response to haola

• haola
                haola
                23 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T14:27:05Z  in response to AlliG

Hi,

Sorry you have probably attaching the log. For now, please send that log to haola_at_us_dot_ibm_dot_com

One request: would you also zip up this folder " /var/ibm/InstallationManager/histories" and send it to me?

Lastly, we are also trying to understand (and fix any issue) why you cannot attach the log this time (you were able to do it in #3 sequence in a reply earlier starting from the top).   When you tried to reply this morning, was the "Attach a file" link at the bottom of a reply unavailable to you?

Thanks!

• haola
                  haola
                  23 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T18:32:52Z  in response to haola

I have another suggestion that you could help with, if possible?

Please enable tracing, try to log on again and run the log collector.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21437655

Please send that logs to me.

Thanks!

• AlliG
                    AlliG
                    7 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T12:16:04Z  in response to haola

Attached are the logs from trace setting.

• haola
                      haola
                      23 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T12:30:21Z  in response to AlliG

Good morning Allison,

Would you please check again, the logs didn't seem to make it here.  

BTW, are you familiar with opening PMR process?  If you could, please open one since this issue happens with GA code (not beta) and would be more appropriate and easier to work through that channel (ie. logs can easily be uploaded, onscreen session sharing with IBM support & you..)

Thanks

• AlliG
                        AlliG
                        7 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T12:43:13Z  in response to haola

Sure I can open a PMR.  What product should this be listed under?  I didnt' see one for JazzSM

• haola
                          haola
                          23 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T13:08:45Z  in response to AlliG

Hi,

If you happen to see DASH in your list, please pick it..I am trying to find that queue for you on my end and will reply when I have the answer.

Thanks

• haola
                            haola
                            23 Posts
                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T13:14:08Z  in response to haola

Please open PMR using this queue and let me know if there is any issue:  WBEDIS,12H

Thanks!

• haola
                              haola
                              23 Posts
                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-29T17:43:39Z  in response to haola

Hi Allison,

Do you still have the same issue?  Can I please have the PMR to track its status?

Thanks!