1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-05-07T16:08:17Z by swlinn
6BFT_Brendon_Flanagan
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Datapower & Message Routing

‏2013-05-06T10:46:51Z |

Can someone please explain in an example how on earth to do this:

You can send or route messages to one or more alternative destinations by using
the Results (or Results Async) processing actions, just as with HTTP messages. For
example, a single request message might contain a number of attachments. These
attachments can be separated from the original request and routed individually to
a particular destination (that might not be a WebSphere MQ queue). The
processing policy of the Multi-Protocol Gateway can collect the responses and
construct a reply message, can ignore the responses, or can send a response
message that does nothing more than acknowledge receipt of the original request.
An MQ URL can be used to express all back-end destinations.

ie how can you specify the MQOD for the separate queues that are on remote qmgrs, and how can you set that say one of those will only be a datagram and a response is not required.

I cannot figure this out and the documentation makes no sense and I have found no examples of what should be such a simple yet common requirement, eg when you have to log mq transactions of all your other mq transactions.

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1330 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Datapower & Message Routing

‏2013-05-07T16:08:17Z  in response to 6BFT_Brendon_Flanagan

Each message payload will be in a context, and if using the Result's action I believe you will need to put the MQOD in the headers of the context.  You can do this by using _extension/header variables for the context, something like ...

<dp:set-variable name="'var://context/YOURCONTEXT/_extension/header/MQOD'" value="$MQODString" />

You also set the MsgType of a MQMD to 8 to indicate DataGram (eg, no reply) which would need to be on the context _extension header/MQMD, and on your request url, don't specify a ReplyQueue.

Regards,

Steve