IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-25T14:36:57Z by Chandu402240
Chandu402240
Chandu402240
29 Posts

Pinned topic How to use multiple Relative Time Categories within Report Studio as prompt?

‏2013-06-19T19:27:20Z |

Hi Team -

We have a cube having relative time categories like (Last year, Current year, Last YearQ1,Current Year Q1 etc...)

Wanted to know how to using these Relative Time Categories within Report Studio as prompt (value prompt or any thing) based on which the data will be automatically populated.

I did referred Cognos document 'Relative_time_categories_in_prompts.pdf' but it has how to use only one relative time category in filter.

Can we use multiple relative time categories in the prompt, Please let me know ?

• Chandu402240
    Chandu402240
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to use multiple Relative Time Categories within Report Studio as prompt?

‏2013-06-25T14:36:57Z  

I used macro #prompt('prompt name','MUN','one default value') as slicer for the main report query and added all MUN's that i want to have in the static values of the prompt.

• OpherB
    OpherB
    677 Posts

Re: How to use multiple Relative Time Categories within Report Studio as prompt?

‏2013-06-19T19:57:03Z  

I'm confused: Using Relative Time Categories in a prompt and using it in a filter are two different subjects. Regardless of how many options you provide in the prompt, the filter will still use only one value, right?

I don't think it would be possible to populate the prompt from a query, so use static values and in the filter expression determine which value was selected.

Good luck,
    Opher

• Chandu402240
    Chandu402240
    29 Posts

‏2013-06-25T14:36:57Z  

I used macro #prompt('prompt name','MUN','one default value') as slicer for the main report query and added all MUN's that i want to have in the static values of the prompt.