Topic
  • 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-11-14T02:57:08Z by Sandmankaihuai
ckrajec
ckrajec
14 Posts

Pinned topic Removing graphics from a floor record

‏2017-08-31T17:33:48Z | #cadintegrator

If a person mistakenly adds a floor drawing to an incorrect floor, there is no method using IBM TRIRIGA tools (TRIRIGA itself or CAD Integrator) to actually remove the graphic from the floor record. An RFE (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=109781) has been created to address this issue. I respectfully request that you vote for this RFE if you would like to see the CAD Integrator product have the ability to remove the graphic from the floor record. If you do not currently have an IBM ID, you can sign up for one at no cost.

Note: There is a similar forum thread at the following: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=addfdf16-e010-4c3b-bc51-007924a6d409&ps=25 that provided a work around for this issue.

• EdSilky
    EdSilky
    56 Posts

Re: Removing graphics from a floor record

‏2017-08-31T19:20:15Z  

I can vote for this, but I would also like to know the scenario that 'mistakenly' adds a floor plan to the 'wrong' floor.

Again, I think it would be good to have a method to 'remove' a floor-plan, but I would also like to know the scenario where a floor-plan is 'mistakenly' attached.

-Ed

• ckrajec
    ckrajec
    14 Posts

‏2017-08-31T19:29:27Z  
    • EdSilky
    • ‏2017-08-31T19:20:15Z

I can vote for this, but I would also like to know the scenario that 'mistakenly' adds a floor plan to the 'wrong' floor.

Again, I think it would be good to have a method to 'remove' a floor-plan, but I would also like to know the scenario where a floor-plan is 'mistakenly' attached.

-Ed

Simply human error. In this instance, the person attaching the drawing thought they were attaching it to the correct floor record. They apparently attached drawings to at least 2 floors in the same building before they realized their mistake.

• EdSilky
    EdSilky
    56 Posts

‏2017-08-31T19:48:54Z  
    • ckrajec
    • ‏2017-08-31T19:29:27Z

Simply human error. In this instance, the person attaching the drawing thought they were attaching it to the correct floor record. They apparently attached drawings to at least 2 floors in the same building before they realized their mistake.

Okay...

So, first, it would be nice if we could (somehow) avoid the error, but then provide a way to remove the association.  This isn't trivial, as it involves removing the association from every space on the floor, but I can see why you might need to do it.

-Ed

• ckrajec
    ckrajec
    14 Posts

‏2017-08-31T20:00:36Z  
    • EdSilky
    • ‏2017-08-31T19:48:54Z

Okay...

So, first, it would be nice if we could (somehow) avoid the error, but then provide a way to remove the association.  This isn't trivial, as it involves removing the association from every space on the floor, but I can see why you might need to do it.

-Ed

In this case, they caught it early enough that they could delete the space records through TRIRIGA. The unusual thing is that they do not have a drawing for this building yet, so a drawing associated with any of the floors might lead to confusion. While working IBM TRIRIGA support, I had one or two tickets along these lines and nobody seemed to create the RFE so I decided it was about time.

• Sandmankaihuai
    Sandmankaihuai
    6 Posts

回复:Re: Removing graphics from a floor record

‏2018-10-18T05:50:02Z  
    • EdSilky
    • ‏2017-08-31T19:48:54Z

Okay...

-Ed

excuse me sir, i'm a student ,could u tell me how to upload a building drawing ,i upload a cad drawing to a floor in general

• ckrajec
    ckrajec
    14 Posts

‏2018-10-31T20:50:56Z  

excuse me sir, i'm a student ,could u tell me how to upload a building drawing ,i upload a cad drawing to a floor in general

It appears you are responding to a very old thread that was started in 2017. I'll provide a response here, in case you have not gotten an answer.

As delivered, IBM TRIRIGA comes configured for attaching drawings to the floor records and not to the building records. First, you should review the existing CAD Application Definition structure (CAD Hierarchy, CAD Mapping, and CAD Application Definitions) and understand how they work. Second, and assuming there are no customizations, you should be able to create a simple CAD Application Definition record specifically for attaching the drawing to a building record instead of the floor record. Reference the "Facilities Management - Primary" Application Definition as a guide. The key field is the Top Level Definition field as this lets CAD Integrator know to what record the drawing is to be attached. Make sure you reference the existing, standalone building CAD Hierarchy node so that CAD Integrator only attaches the drawing to the Building record. Third, in CAD Integrator you must reference this new CAD Application Definition. The rest of the process is similar to how you would attach a drawing to a floor record with the obvious difference being that you are selecting a building record and NOT a floor record on which the drawing is to be attached.

• Sandmankaihuai
    Sandmankaihuai
    6 Posts

‏2018-11-06T03:35:17Z  
    • ckrajec
    • ‏2018-10-31T20:50:56Z

It appears you are responding to a very old thread that was started in 2017. I'll provide a response here, in case you have not gotten an answer.

As delivered, IBM TRIRIGA comes configured for attaching drawings to the floor records and not to the building records. First, you should review the existing CAD Application Definition structure (CAD Hierarchy, CAD Mapping, and CAD Application Definitions) and understand how they work. Second, and assuming there are no customizations, you should be able to create a simple CAD Application Definition record specifically for attaching the drawing to a building record instead of the floor record. Reference the "Facilities Management - Primary" Application Definition as a guide. The key field is the Top Level Definition field as this lets CAD Integrator know to what record the drawing is to be attached. Make sure you reference the existing, standalone building CAD Hierarchy node so that CAD Integrator only attaches the drawing to the Building record. Third, in CAD Integrator you must reference this new CAD Application Definition. The rest of the process is similar to how you would attach a drawing to a floor record with the obvious difference being that you are selecting a building record and NOT a floor record on which the drawing is to be attached.

i'm so appreciate for your reply, i defined the application,mapping and hierarchy by myself,but not attached successful,the attachment is the screenshot,could u give me some suggestion,i really want to solve this problem,if you can leave your email is much better,but i respect your privacy and don't want to bother too much ,thank you

• ckrajec
    ckrajec
    14 Posts

‏2018-11-06T15:21:45Z  

i'm so appreciate for your reply, i defined the application,mapping and hierarchy by myself,but not attached successful,the attachment is the screenshot,could u give me some suggestion,i really want to solve this problem,if you can leave your email is much better,but i respect your privacy and don't want to bother too much ,thank you

The first three fields appear to be Unit Of Measure (UOM) fields. Based on the message, it seems that they would not be a supported for being updated by CAD Integrator. Also based on the screenshot, it appears you are trying to attach a drawing at the property level. I would look at the property level mapping and compare it to the As Delivered floor mapping. Compare the required fields on the floor record to the required fields on the property record. If there are UOM fields on the floor record that do not appear in the Upload section of the attach dialog when you attach a drawing to a floor record, then I would check to see if these fields are defined as required fields or not on the floor record. I don't think I can help further without having access to the environment to see how things are considered.

On a positive note, you have gotten past the biggest hurdle because you are able to login to CAD Integrator without getting the "No valid application definitions exist" message and it definitely does not appear that majority of the custom application definition appears to be acceptable to CAD Integrator or you would not have been able to select the Property Mapping PBM mapping level.

• Sandmankaihuai
    Sandmankaihuai
    6 Posts

‏2018-11-07T01:18:35Z  
    • ckrajec
    • ‏2018-11-06T15:21:45Z

The first three fields appear to be Unit Of Measure (UOM) fields. Based on the message, it seems that they would not be a supported for being updated by CAD Integrator. Also based on the screenshot, it appears you are trying to attach a drawing at the property level. I would look at the property level mapping and compare it to the As Delivered floor mapping. Compare the required fields on the floor record to the required fields on the property record. If there are UOM fields on the floor record that do not appear in the Upload section of the attach dialog when you attach a drawing to a floor record, then I would check to see if these fields are defined as required fields or not on the floor record. I don't think I can help further without having access to the environment to see how things are considered.

On a positive note, you have gotten past the biggest hurdle because you are able to login to CAD Integrator without getting the "No valid application definitions exist" message and it definitely does not appear that majority of the custom application definition appears to be acceptable to CAD Integrator or you would not have been able to select the Property Mapping PBM mapping level.

could u leave a contact e-mail? i will give u a account for our environment

• Sandmankaihuai
    Sandmankaihuai
    6 Posts

‏2018-11-08T07:03:47Z  
    • ckrajec
    • ‏2018-11-06T15:21:45Z

now i similar know how up attach it, but 0 record create and update,just like the screenshot

• ckrajec
    ckrajec
    14 Posts

‏2018-11-08T15:05:45Z  

now i similar know how up attach it, but 0 record create and update,just like the screenshot

Based on the screen shot, I would check the Graphic tab for the property record to which you attempted to attach the drawing. The "0 records created. 0 records updated." message may be expected if you are not updating fields during the attachment process. I think you are really close and "playing" with the configuration of the mapping record should get you to a point where you can successfully attach a property drawing to a property record. Personally, I think this is one of the best ways to learn a software product.

As far as providing a contact email, I am sorry but I cannot do that for several reasons including, but not limited to, liability. Any hands on assistance would open me to significant potentially liable actions that I am not prepared to handle.

• Sandmankaihuai
    Sandmankaihuai
    6 Posts

‏2018-11-09T09:25:47Z  
    • ckrajec
    • ‏2018-11-08T15:05:45Z

Based on the screen shot, I would check the Graphic tab for the property record to which you attempted to attach the drawing. The "0 records created. 0 records updated." message may be expected if you are not updating fields during the attachment process. I think you are really close and "playing" with the configuration of the mapping record should get you to a point where you can successfully attach a property drawing to a property record. Personally, I think this is one of the best ways to learn a software product.

As far as providing a contact email, I am sorry but I cannot do that for several reasons including, but not limited to, liability. Any hands on assistance would open me to significant potentially liable actions that I am not prepared to handle.

OK,btw ,could tell me the meaning of this type

• ckrajec
    ckrajec
    14 Posts

‏2018-11-09T14:36:06Z  

OK,btw ,could tell me the meaning of this type

For more information about the application definitions and the various components, reference "12.x Application Definitions In-Depth" in the IBM TRIRIGA Wikis.

• Sandmankaihuai
    Sandmankaihuai
    6 Posts

‏2018-11-14T02:57:08Z  
    • ckrajec
    • ‏2018-11-09T14:36:06Z

For more information about the application definitions and the various components, reference "12.x Application Definitions In-Depth" in the IBM TRIRIGA Wikis.

still 0 record create  0 record update  ......i think my definition mapping is correct......it's werid