Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-21T17:17:53Z by chauble
chauble
chauble
4 Posts

Pinned topic passthru login from Workplace via Records Manager link is failing

‏2013-05-10T15:59:41Z |

Trying to troubleshoot an issue where the passthru login between Workplace and Records Manager is failing when you click the  Records Manager link in Workplace.   I can login into both directly but not via the link that appears in the upper right corner.  error displayed is:  Signin Error: Credentials Exception. details are in the attached files.   the link from Records Manager back to Workplace also fails.

any help would be appreciated

• LijingLin
    LijingLin
    7 Posts

Re: passthru login from Workplace via Records Manager link is failing

‏2013-05-20T21:53:40Z  

com.filenet.wcm.api.EncryptionException: Problem performing AES/ECB/NoPadding encryption; java.home=C:\bea\JDK150~1\jre.  Key ID was 3a8181eb.  Cause: javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException: Input length not multiple of 16 bytes

This error is caused by older version of Workplace or WPXT
    The custom-login-module from WP/WPXT that generated the token uses the old scheme. The old scheme uses data padded to an 8-byte boundary. The new scheme pads to a 16-byte boundary. The AE decrypting the token in javaapi.jar is using the new scheme. The javaapi.jar comes from the CE 4.5 or later. Therefore, the mismatched scheme causes the error.

Say you have an older version of WPXT 1.1.2. You will need to move up to WPXT 1.1.3.2.

Hope it helps.

• chauble
    chauble
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-20T22:13:01Z  
    • LijingLin
    • ‏2013-05-20T21:53:40Z

com.filenet.wcm.api.EncryptionException: Problem performing AES/ECB/NoPadding encryption; java.home=C:\bea\JDK150~1\jre.  Key ID was 3a8181eb.  Cause: javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException: Input length not multiple of 16 bytes

This error is caused by older version of Workplace or WPXT
    The custom-login-module from WP/WPXT that generated the token uses the old scheme. The old scheme uses data padded to an 8-byte boundary. The new scheme pads to a 16-byte boundary. The AE decrypting the token in javaapi.jar is using the new scheme. The javaapi.jar comes from the CE 4.5 or later. Therefore, the mismatched scheme causes the error.

Say you have an older version of WPXT 1.1.2. You will need to move up to WPXT 1.1.3.2.

Hope it helps.

AE version I am running is 4.0.2.13 and CE version is 4.5.1.6, I am not running WPXT only Workplace...  are you saying I have an old version of javaapi.jar beng used somewhere on the AE ?

• LijingLin
    LijingLin
    7 Posts

‏2013-05-20T22:26:18Z  
    • chauble
    • ‏2013-05-20T22:13:01Z

AE version I am running is 4.0.2.13 and CE version is 4.5.1.6, I am not running WPXT only Workplace...  are you saying I have an old version of javaapi.jar beng used somewhere on the AE ?

Looks like you have old version of AE using 8-byte. And javaapi.jar from CE 4.5.1.6 uses 16-byte boundary.

Is the AE/RM deployed as Application Managed Authentication or Container Managed Authentication? If CMA, you may try to reconfigure the login module.

• chauble
    chauble
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-20T22:34:12Z  
    • LijingLin
    • ‏2013-05-20T22:26:18Z

Looks like you have old version of AE using 8-byte. And javaapi.jar from CE 4.5.1.6 uses 16-byte boundary.

Is the AE/RM deployed as Application Managed Authentication or Container Managed Authentication? If CMA, you may try to reconfigure the login module.

it's AMA not CMA...   does the javaapi.jar get updated with the CE client install? 

• LijingLin
    LijingLin
    7 Posts

‏2013-05-20T22:52:58Z  
    • chauble
    • ‏2013-05-20T22:34:12Z

it's AMA not CMA...   does the javaapi.jar get updated with the CE client install? 

Yes, CE client install updates javaapi.jar. You may search the AE/RM folder to make sure it is updated in each location.

AMA uses user tokens; CMA uses custom-login-module. Both cases go thru javaapi.jar. It looks like you have version mismatched, 8-byte vs 16-byte boundaries.

• chauble
    chauble
    4 Posts

‏2013-05-21T17:17:53Z  
    • LijingLin
    • ‏2013-05-20T22:52:58Z

Yes, CE client install updates javaapi.jar. You may search the AE/RM folder to make sure it is updated in each location.

AMA uses user tokens; CMA uses custom-login-module. Both cases go thru javaapi.jar. It looks like you have version mismatched, 8-byte vs 16-byte boundaries.

Thanks for the help..

Applying the CE Client Update to Records Manager which brought us to CEAPI=dap451.007.028 and redeploying RecordsManager.ear fixed the problem.