Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-08-14T19:07:14Z by Dave32
Dave32
Dave32
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Time the SVC sends the inventory report?

‏2014-07-22T14:45:40Z |

I have the automatic inventory email setup on about 10 different SVC clusters that I support.  So each day, or specified time interval, I receive an email inventory report.  But each SVC cluster seems to send the report at a specific time but I cannot find anywhere in setting up the emailed inventory report a place that specifies time, only time interval by days.  If I have a SVC Inventory report sent to me every day, or every 7 days or whatever, how does the SVC cluster determine what time of day that report is sent?  It seems to send it like clockwork for each individual SVC cluster, but all are at different times.  Just curious where and/or how the SVC decides when to send the report.

Thanks.

Updated on 2014-07-22T14:46:28Z at 2014-07-22T14:46:28Z by Dave32
  • chriscanto
    chriscanto
    277 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Time the SVC sends the inventory report?

‏2014-07-23T09:32:12Z  in response to Dave32

I think the timer is reset and started when you run the svctask startemail command with a non-zero interval configured.

You could see if this is correct by running the 'startemail' command on one of your systems.  You should receive an inventory email immediately (even if one isn't due yet for the current interval),  then at the specified number of days after that.

• Dave32
      Dave32
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Time the SVC sends the inventory report?

‏2014-08-14T19:07:14Z  in response to chriscanto

Sorry so tardy in my reply.  You were correct in your assessment of how the time is determined.  I did run the command as suggested and then did receive the email at the next interval at the same time.  Thanks for your help!