aakash_k
57 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WEFSecurityManager Exception while publishing

‏2013-07-19T06:44:50Z |

WEF Version :

Version: 7.0.1.4 LO76135

Build id: 201307051037

I keep getting the error in attached image regarding the com.bowstreet.security.framework.WEFSecurityManager.

Can anyone tell what is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• kevintap
    kevintap
    745 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WEFSecurityManager Exception while publishing

‏2013-07-19T14:08:05Z  in response to aakash_k

Try restarting your WEF Designer with the -clean switch added to the command line or the eclipse.ini file.  The -clean switch must appear before the -vmargs switch (if present).

• mburati
      mburati
      2551 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-19T14:17:15Z  in response to kevintap

I agree with Kevin, it's best/safest to restart Eclipse after adding any fixpack or APAR fix (the LO specifier in your version) to get Eclipse to clear its cache from prior to applying the fix/change.

If you just applied an APAR fix and it does not work,and -clean doesn't fix designer or republish doesn't fix the app on the server, then it's probably best to contact support to let them know in case there are any potential version mismatch issues.   Hopefully in this case, it just needs the -clean.

I hope that info helps,
      ..Mike Burati 
      The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    580 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-19T14:33:10Z  in response to aakash_k

That class was added recently to 7.0.1.x.  It's unclear from the dialog what the root cause may be.  It could be that the class is referenced, but was not found or an exception was thrown related to the class execution.  Is it possible that you installed the APAR while Designer was still running?  If so, then some JARs may not have been updated correctly.  Try shutting down Designer, reinstalling the APAR, then start Designer, upgrade the project if necessary, and republish.

I have a slightly more recent version of 7.0.1.4 installed and do not have any problems publishing.  Look into the WEB-INF/logs folder of the project and you'll find a number of files related to the last deploy attempt.  One of the logs should record the actual error that was encountered.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, then please open a PMR.

• aakash_k
    aakash_k
    57 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-25T03:47:37Z  in response to aakash_k

Seems like there was a problem with one particular machine. On other machine it worked OK.

Thanks everyone.