Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-30T20:08:51Z by PrathiKrish
PrathiKrish
PrathiKrish
3 Posts

Pinned topic How to add a '\034' as a delimiter in QETXT.INI

‏2014-01-29T21:39:39Z |

I am trying to import the metadata from a flatfile and the delimiter in the .dat file is '\034'.  How do I setup the qetxt.ini to read this file ?  I have set it up like below and it does not work correctly.  How would I setup the INI to read this kind of a .dat file ?  I appreciate your feedback in advance.

FILE=DCI_OPTION_PT.dat
FLN=0
TT=Character
Charset=ANSI
DS='\034'
FIELD1=OPTN_CD,VARCHAR,10,0,10,0,
FIELD2=OPTN_DESC,VARCHAR,360,0,360,0,

• RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    115 Posts

Re: How to add a '\034' as a delimiter in QETXT.INI

‏2014-01-29T23:08:22Z  

Hi,

Your delimiter is a double quote (or did I read the ascii character incorrectly)?

According to C:\IBM\InformationServer\ODBCDrivers\docs\odbcuser.pdf, double quote is not allowed as a delimiter.

Also, do you mean "DC" for Delimiter Character?

Regards,

Robert

• PrathiKrish
    PrathiKrish
    3 Posts

‏2014-01-30T14:51:55Z  

Hi,

Your delimiter is a double quote (or did I read the ascii character incorrectly)?

According to C:\IBM\InformationServer\ODBCDrivers\docs\odbcuser.pdf, double quote is not allowed as a delimiter.

Also, do you mean "DC" for Delimiter Character?

Regards,

Robert

I think \034 is non printable and that may be the reason it is not working..  DC according to the documentation is the delimiter character.  So wondering how I can import the metadata when the delimiter is non printable ?

Thanks Prathi

• RobertDickson
    RobertDickson
    115 Posts

‏2014-01-30T16:11:47Z  

I think \034 is non printable and that may be the reason it is not working..  DC according to the documentation is the delimiter character.  So wondering how I can import the metadata when the delimiter is non printable ?

Thanks Prathi

Hi Prathi,

Well, according to http://www.asciitable.com, 034 is either a decimal double quote or a hexidecimal number 4.  Either way, I do not thing the text driver will allow that.  You may need to convert it to something else before being processed by Information Analyzer (or pretty much anything else out there).

Regards,

Robert

• PrathiKrish
    PrathiKrish
    3 Posts

‏2014-01-30T20:08:51Z  

Hi Prathi,

Well, according to http://www.asciitable.com, 034 is either a decimal double quote or a hexidecimal number 4.  Either way, I do not thing the text driver will allow that.  You may need to convert it to something else before being processed by Information Analyzer (or pretty much anything else out there).

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

I basically did a find and replace of \03 with | and was able to pull the file into IA.  Thanks for your help.

Thanks Prathi