• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-21T15:59:22Z by kenhygh
Arnab_Ghosh
Arnab_Ghosh
94 Posts

Pinned topic How to mount external storage

‏2013-05-20T21:36:41Z |

HI,

I have two datapower boxes which will use the same XSD to validate. These XSDs will reside in a common machine. In the validate action, i will set the variable say var://context/request/schema and based on that variable it will access the machine, get the XSD and validate against it. This is what we are planning to implement. But I don't know how to access a remote machine's filesystem from Datapower? Can you please explain me how to do this?

Please also dont hesitate to let me know if there is any better way of doing this. Please note for the time being we are not using WSSR.

Thanks,

Arnab

• kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1529 Posts

Re: How to mount external storage

‏2013-05-21T11:10:34Z  

You cannot directly access a remote machine's filesystem, but what you can do is setup a service like an XMLFW on that common machine to serve up all your XSDs.

• Arnab_Ghosh
    Arnab_Ghosh
    94 Posts

‏2013-05-21T15:51:08Z  

Can you please let me know if it can be done by NFS static mount or not so that i can place the XSDs in a NFS server and can access it by datapower

• kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1529 Posts

‏2013-05-21T15:59:22Z  

Can you please let me know if it can be done by NFS static mount or not so that i can place the XSDs in a NFS server and can access it by datapower

That you can do, yes.