Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-12T13:00:07Z by markevans
ThanujaKothamsu
ThanujaKothamsu
12 Posts

Pinned topic How to resolve IWN.MIG.0403.e error in RBD?

‏2013-12-09T06:48:07Z |
Dear All,

We imported the .esf file into RBD using the single file migration technique as a part of VAGen To EGL Migration,but some .egls went to error as follows

VAGen Migration Plug-in Code Level 7.5.1
IWN.MIG.0403.e FormGroup MMAL01 - Requires editing to nest forms within the FormGroup.
IWN.MIG.0403.e FormGroup MMAL00 - Requires editing to nest forms within the FormGroup.
IWN.MIG.0403.e FormGroup MMAL06 - Requires editing to nest forms within the FormGroup.
IWN.MIG.0403.e FormGroup MMAL04 - Requires editing to nest forms within the FormGroup.
IWN.MIG.0403.e FormGroup MMAL03 - Requires editing to nest forms within the FormGroup.
IWN.MIG.0403.e FormGroup MMAL02 - Requires editing to nest forms within the FormGroup.
IWN.MIG.0802.w Program MMAA102 - Allows implicit items. Migration does not create definitions for implicit items.
IWN.MIG.0802.w Program MMAA101 - Allows implicit items. Migration does not create definitions for implicit items.
IWN.MIG.0802.w Program MMAA100 - Allows implicit items. Migration does not create definitions for implicit items.
IWN.MIG.0802.w Program MMAA303 - Allows implicit items. Migration does not create definitions for implicit items.

can anyone suggest me how to resolve this. And how to move a form to the formgroup.Here am attaching one such .egl that went to error.

Attachments

Updated on 2013-12-09T08:33:54Z at 2013-12-09T08:33:54Z by ThanujaKothamsu
  • markevans
    markevans
    2843 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to resolve IWN.MIG.0403.e error in RBD?

‏2013-12-10T13:22:04Z  

Hi,

Yes Mark,so we tried the second option and deleted MMAERR0 source in all except in MMAL01.Now the error message was resolved in all .egls but not in MMAL01(Please find the screen shot 1 in the attachment).

Apart from this there is an another error message

" IWN.VAL.6619.e 15767/3 MMAA104 - TOTAG1 cannot be resolved. At line 15767 in file \VagenTEGL\EGLSource\com\ibm\vagen\vagen111.egl " in "vagen111.egl".(screen shot 2)

The text from the guide for this message is as below.

-- Determine if the VAGen program permits implicit item definitions and variableName is an unqualified field name. If so, validate the program in VisualAge Generator. The VAGen validation messages provide the definition of the implicit items used in the program. Edit the EGL program to add variable definitions for the implicit items using the VAGen validation messages as a guide to the necessary primitive type definition.

--If you did not migrate all the parts in your migration set, the migration tool cannot include the appropriate import statements. If the part exists in the workspace, you might need to add an import statement to the file containing the error.

Could you please help me on this.

Hi,

On the MMAERR0 form, you don't show what the message is being flagged on the red-x?  Is it still the duplicate message or is it some new error now that you resolved all the other duplicate situations.     If it is still a duplicate situation, I would suggest you do a projects->clean -> all project from the menu bar and see if this removes it.   If it is some other message, then resolve it.

On the TOTAG1, this is just a situation where EGL cannot determine what the variable is.  In this usage, it looks like TOTAG1 is should be a field in a record or map.  If it is field in a record or map, is its type a shared dataitem?  Are you somehow using an older record/map that does not contain the field (if you know it was supposed to be in one).    If the dataitem is missing, then you will need to define the characteristics of the field (CHAR, decimal, etc), but I would assume you would get a red x on the field in the record or map if the item was missing.

If you don't have a red x on a field in the record/map due to a missing dataitem, then I am assuming the field was never created and it became what is called an implicit item.    This is what the message means.  VAGen would have defined an implicit data item (i.e. create one for you on demand) and determined its type based on the usage.  However, this implicit functionality was something we removed in EGL.

Basically, you need to search and find out where this field needs to be defined (record or map) or where it might have been missing from.  Then you either need to define the field in some record in the program or  you just need to define a new variable to allow this be resolved.    EGL allows you to define variables in the program or local to the function that are not contained in any record/form.

• markevans
    markevans
    2843 Posts

‏2013-12-09T12:37:19Z  

If you search the VAGen to EGL Migration Guide, then you will find this error message and what the corrective action should be.   Did you download a copy of this guide and look up the message?   If you have not downloaded the guide, please do so.  

Here is the text from the guide for this message.

IWN.MIG.0403.e FormGroup FormGroupName - Requires editing to nest forms within the FormGroup.

Explanation: When you migrate in single file mode,
    the migration tool does not nest forms within the
    FormGroup. Instead, the migration tool inserts an EGL
    use statement to indicate the name of the forms that
    belong to the FormGroup. The migration tool includes
    comments at the beginning and end of each form to
    indicate its FormGroup.

User response: Edit the file containing the FormGroup
    and move the forms so that they are nested within the
    FormGroup. The use statements in the FormGroup
    indicate where the forms should be moved. After you
    have nested the form within the FormGroup, remove
    the use declaration statement.

This means.... you have a formgroup definition that starts with FormGroup and then it is terminated with an "end" statement.  The forms themselves are then placed below the formgroup's end by the migration tool  All you have to do is move the "end" for the formgroup to the bottom of the file so the forms are between the formgroup statement and its end statement.   Then follow the instructions for the "use" statement.

If I remember right, the "duplicate" message should go away once the above is done as this should make each occurrence of the error form private in the workspace since it is now within a formgroup vs independent forms.

• ThanujaKothamsu
    ThanujaKothamsu
    12 Posts

‏2013-12-09T13:54:10Z  

Mark, thanks for your suggestions. I followed the specified steps.But still we are getting the error "name is duplicated in the namespace" . Could you please find the attached error screen shots below.

Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• markevans
    markevans
    2843 Posts

‏2013-12-09T14:13:35Z  

Mark, thanks for your suggestions. I followed the specified steps.But still we are getting the error "name is duplicated in the namespace" . Could you please find the attached error screen shots below.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

Looking at the word document, the message about duplicates seems to be "greyed" out instead of a red-x now.  If you close the file and reopen it, do you still have the red-x?

The other option is to just leave the formgroup as they were when you migrated them and delete the copy of the MMAERR0 source in all but one of them.  The use MMAERR0 in each form group will "find" it in whichever file it is defined in and include it when the form group is generated.

• Hsieh
    Hsieh
    610 Posts

‏2013-12-10T10:48:51Z  

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

I have the EGL file with same structure and no error.  I can suggest you do follow:

1. Search all EGL file: "Form*MMAMERRO" and find out if there is no duplicate member.

2. Select all text CTRL+A, cut CTRL+X, paste CTRL+V on same file.

and rebuild all Project

Regards,

Hsieh

• ThanujaKothamsu
    ThanujaKothamsu
    12 Posts

‏2013-12-10T12:32:41Z  

Hi,

Yes Mark,so we tried the second option and deleted MMAERR0 source in all except in MMAL01.Now the error message was resolved in all .egls but not in MMAL01(Please find the screen shot 1 in the attachment).

" IWN.VAL.6619.e 15767/3 MMAA104 - TOTAG1 cannot be resolved. At line 15767 in file \VagenTEGL\EGLSource\com\ibm\vagen\vagen111.egl " in "vagen111.egl".(screen shot 2)

-- Determine if the VAGen program permits implicit item definitions and variableName is an unqualified field name. If so, validate the program in VisualAge Generator. The VAGen validation messages provide the definition of the implicit items used in the program. Edit the EGL program to add variable definitions for the implicit items using the VAGen validation messages as a guide to the necessary primitive type definition.

--If you did not migrate all the parts in your migration set, the migration tool cannot include the appropriate import statements. If the part exists in the workspace, you might need to add an import statement to the file containing the error.

Attachments

• markevans
    markevans
    2843 Posts

‏2013-12-10T13:22:04Z  

Hi,

Hi,

On the MMAERR0 form, you don't show what the message is being flagged on the red-x?  Is it still the duplicate message or is it some new error now that you resolved all the other duplicate situations.     If it is still a duplicate situation, I would suggest you do a projects->clean -> all project from the menu bar and see if this removes it.   If it is some other message, then resolve it.

On the TOTAG1, this is just a situation where EGL cannot determine what the variable is.  In this usage, it looks like TOTAG1 is should be a field in a record or map.  If it is field in a record or map, is its type a shared dataitem?  Are you somehow using an older record/map that does not contain the field (if you know it was supposed to be in one).    If the dataitem is missing, then you will need to define the characteristics of the field (CHAR, decimal, etc), but I would assume you would get a red x on the field in the record or map if the item was missing.

If you don't have a red x on a field in the record/map due to a missing dataitem, then I am assuming the field was never created and it became what is called an implicit item.    This is what the message means.  VAGen would have defined an implicit data item (i.e. create one for you on demand) and determined its type based on the usage.  However, this implicit functionality was something we removed in EGL.

Basically, you need to search and find out where this field needs to be defined (record or map) or where it might have been missing from.  Then you either need to define the field in some record in the program or  you just need to define a new variable to allow this be resolved.    EGL allows you to define variables in the program or local to the function that are not contained in any record/form.

• ThanujaKothamsu
    ThanujaKothamsu
    12 Posts

‏2013-12-12T10:59:35Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2013-12-10T13:22:04Z

Hi,

Hi Mark,

Thanks A Lot for your assistance,Now all the errors got resolved.

Updated on 2013-12-12T11:01:05Z at 2013-12-12T11:01:05Z by ThanujaKothamsu
  • markevans
    markevans
    2843 Posts

‏2013-12-12T13:00:07Z  

Hi Mark,

Thanks A Lot for your assistance,Now all the errors got resolved.

Glad to hear it is working for you.