Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-08-20T07:34:53Z by AndersLorensen
dirkdigs
dirkdigs
56 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic v3700 port 1

‏2013-08-19T21:33:29Z |

the v3700 port 1 has 3 ip address configured on it.

one for mgmt

one for service 

one for iscsi

i have connected my host server and v3700 to a switch and configured a vlan for iscsi 

my host can ping the iscsi on port 2 but not port 1 is there anythign that needs to be done to allow this?

my host can ping the mgmt ip of port 1.

i made sure that port one is plugged into the switch and can access both vlans (mgmt and iscsi)

• AndersLorensen
    AndersLorensen
    156 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: v3700 port 1

‏2013-08-20T07:34:53Z  in response to dirkdigs

This part seems wrong:

>"i made sure that port one is plugged into the switch and can access both vlans (mgmt and iscsi)"

You cannot have 2 native/Untagged vLans on the same access port in a switch, so I dont understand how you did that.

You cannot have mgmt and iscsi on different vlans, as you cannot add vlan tags to iSCSI or MGMT trafic on the V3700.

In other Words, if you use port 1 for both, you need both management and iSCSI on the same vLAN. The only way to come around this limit, is by adding 10G iSCSI daughterboard to the box, and run iSCSI on 10G and Mgmt on 1G.

--

Anders