Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-29T17:24:50Z by trond_einar_nilsen
trond_einar_nilsen
trond_einar_nilsen
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic EGL acting differently for different userprofiles

‏2013-05-29T07:55:39Z |

I am using EDT, but as there are not much activity in that forum and my question is more Windows/Java related, I will give it a try here. I am using Windows 7.
Problem: EGL/EDT has started to act strange lately. The render engine (Trident) shows for example the layout grid expanded to canvas size and textlabels that are dropped do not show up in designer view. There are other strange behaviors also. I have tried to download fresh EGL/EDT versions, but the same problem. Some days ago I created a new userprofile and with that user all worked as expected. My conclusion is therefor that some userprofile spesific data/settings (or .css/xml/java files) has been messed up for my original userprofile. I have tried to delete what I believed could cause the problem in appdata/local and roming, but with no luck so far. 

Can anyone point me in right direction for solving this? A workaround is to create new userprofile, but I do not feel comfortable not understanding the reason for this.
/Trond

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    936 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: EGL acting differently for different userprofiles

‏2013-05-29T16:17:27Z  in response to trond_einar_nilsen

Hi Trond,

I don't know what would be causing the issue you are experiencing. I wanted to make sure that you are aware though that EDT is dead:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014960862&ps=25

If you are looking at EDT with an eye towards the future...well...it doesn't have one. Consequently, I don't know how likely it is that you will receive any help for your problem. (And even if you do, just know that EDT is now mouldering in its grave.)

--Dan

• trond_einar_nilsen
      trond_einar_nilsen
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: EGL acting differently for different userprofiles

‏2013-05-29T17:24:50Z  in response to dan_darnell

Hi Dan,
      Thanks, yes, I know and I have read your excellent postings where you tried to convince IBM to continue. As I have quite much code developed in EDT I have to maintain it for a while. My problem seems to be more generic for Eclipse and I should probably try a comunity forum for Eclipse.