Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-10T22:46:33Z by CraigHalliday
CraigHalliday
CraigHalliday
35 Posts

Pinned topic How do I direct a batch to fixup from dotEdit Verify?

‏2014-07-10T02:49:29Z | dotedit

Hi Folks,

The dotEdit interface includes an exceptions tab which contains Review, Rescan, Delete buttons. I want to use the Review button to mark the page for review and hence send the batch to a Fixup job but I can't figure out how to configure this. I have configured my dotEdit Verify task as a job router and setup a condition to branch to Fixup but obviously that is not enough. Pressing the Review button does not lead to dotEdit raising a condition. The batch just finishes as normal and is queued for the next task in the workflow. I notice that the Status 79 is applied to the Page but since no rules appear to be run for the page after clicking the review button I don't know how to use that to achieve my goal. Does anybody know how to make this work?

• jfernan147
    jfernan147
    180 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How do I direct a batch to fixup from dotEdit Verify?

‏2014-07-10T20:26:10Z  

Yes, clicking the Review button in DotEdit simply changes the status of the page but doesn't raise any sort of condition.

You could setup another task that runs automatically in rulerunner after the verify task.  In that task, add a function that checks the status of the page.  If a status of 79 is found, then you raise a condition.  Use actions like: ChkDCOStatus("79"), Task_NumberOfSplits("1"), Task_RaiseCondition("0,0")

Then configure the task in tmweb to branch to Fixup job when a condition is raised.

• jfernan147
    jfernan147
    180 Posts

‏2014-07-10T20:26:10Z  

Yes, clicking the Review button in DotEdit simply changes the status of the page but doesn't raise any sort of condition.

You could setup another task that runs automatically in rulerunner after the verify task.  In that task, add a function that checks the status of the page.  If a status of 79 is found, then you raise a condition.  Use actions like: ChkDCOStatus("79"), Task_NumberOfSplits("1"), Task_RaiseCondition("0,0")

Then configure the task in tmweb to branch to Fixup job when a condition is raised.

• CraigHalliday
    CraigHalliday
    35 Posts

‏2014-07-10T22:46:33Z  

Thanks Jeffrey, That seems like a good solution.