IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-07T09:01:33Z by santhiramya
santhiramya
santhiramya
14 Posts

Pinned topic Tree hierarchy required from xml in web sphere portlet factory.....

‏2013-05-30T11:56:11Z |

Hi ,

i need tree hierarchy from xml ... in one of my portlet (Web sphere portlet factory im using for constructing portlets)

i used dojo tree builder but the look and feel is not satisfying my requirement....

plz suggest any other way that i could do in portlet factory.....

thanks in advance...

Santhi

Updated on 2013-05-30T11:56:36Z at 2013-05-30T11:56:36Z by santhiramya
  • mburati
    mburati
    2553 Posts

Re: Tree hierarchy required from xml in web sphere portlet factory.....

‏2013-05-30T15:37:13Z  

Could you be more specific about what part of the Dojo Tree look and feel is not satisfying your requirement?

Is it something that could be fixed/tweaked with CSS styles, or more fundamental, such as functionality (and if so, what?).

There's also the Collapsible Section builder that can be used in a tree like manner, but without knowing what you're looking for, it's hard to say whether that would meet your particular requirements either.

You are also free to use your own Tree widget, or 3rd party tree widget if desired, you'd just end up doing more work yourself to integrate it.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

• santhiramya
    santhiramya
    14 Posts

Re: Tree hierarchy required from xml in web sphere portlet factory.....

‏2013-06-07T09:01:33Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2013-05-30T15:37:13Z

Could you be more specific about what part of the Dojo Tree look and feel is not satisfying your requirement?

Is it something that could be fixed/tweaked with CSS styles, or more fundamental, such as functionality (and if so, what?).

There's also the Collapsible Section builder that can be used in a tree like manner, but without knowing what you're looking for, it's hard to say whether that would meet your particular requirements either.

You are also free to use your own Tree widget, or 3rd party tree widget if desired, you'd just end up doing more work yourself to integrate it.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

Hi..

im able to build tree using xml input...to the dojo tree builder

but when i click on any tree item the tree is getting reloaded... i dont want reloading happen when it is clicked.

how can i stop this from reloading onclick of the tree item.?

plz help me with this

Thanks & Regards

Santhi..

Updated on 2013-06-07T09:02:13Z at 2013-06-07T09:02:13Z by santhiramya