• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-07T21:49:08Z by Sunorth
GerfaGerfa
GerfaGerfa
3 Posts

Pinned topic [Error] Filenet Api 5.2 - The user is not authenticated

‏2013-08-01T16:46:36Z |

Hi all,

I am having the next problem, i am stablishing a connection to Filenet 5.1 and another connection instance to Filenet 5.2.

The connection that i make first is the one that throws the error "The user is not authenticated." any time i want to Save or get new instance object on that repository.

The problem is the same using Filenet.Api.Dll 5.1 or Filenet.Api.Dll 5.2. (C# Programming)

For your information, if both connection are to Filenet 5.1 or to 5.2, there is no problem at all.

The problem is when i make connections to each one, it seems like the first connection get loss.

Any one could help me out here?

I am trying to connect to both server to make a migrations of some choicelist, properties, document classes, etc.

Regards

• Sunorth
    Sunorth
    16 Posts

Re: [Error] Filenet Api 5.2 - The user is not authenticated

‏2013-08-06T22:03:01Z  

As I know you have to match the version of client and server, sometime it works on different versions, but it is not recommended. If you want to do migration, there is existed tool (CFS or FDM) you can use.

• GerfaGerfa
    GerfaGerfa
    3 Posts

‏2013-08-07T12:51:03Z  
    • Sunorth
    • ‏2013-08-06T22:03:01Z

As I know you have to match the version of client and server, sometime it works on different versions, but it is not recommended. If you want to do migration, there is existed tool (CFS or FDM) you can use.

Hi

On different versions i manage to work it and for the record its a problem when you establish a different token for another version, so the first token is missed, (if the same token exists on both version all goes fine too).

But please tell me more about those two tools you have mentioned above, CFS or FDM.

Regards 

• Sunorth
    Sunorth
    16 Posts

‏2013-08-07T21:49:08Z  

Hi

On different versions i manage to work it and for the record its a problem when you establish a different token for another version, so the first token is missed, (if the same token exists on both version all goes fine too).

But please tell me more about those two tools you have mentioned above, CFS or FDM.

Regards 

CFS :http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27010328  (you can schedule it to do automatically)

FDM:http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/p8docs/v5r2m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.p8.common.deploy.doc%2Foverview_intro.htm (Manually export and import objects which you defined, it's flexible to use. )