Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-12T20:14:06Z by markevans
dwkey
dwkey
203 Posts

Pinned topic AZI6 error when connecting native Java to CICS EGL/COBOL by calling EGL Java wrapper

‏2013-06-06T21:18:14Z |

One VAGen client has developed its client(Java GUI) /server( CICS)  application using visual programming approach.

When migrating  VAGen server programs  to EGL,  client will use third party's Java GUI tools to re-develop its frond end Java GUIs,  

then make CICSECI call on IPIC connection by calling EGL  Java wrapper generated by RBD v851.  

I'm  helping client to verify  the IPIC connection (  RBD V851,  CTG  V9001,  CICS TS V3.2 )  before the vendor  can start  the Proof Of Concept project. 

I  developed one very simple EGL program  to send back hello message on CICS region, and a  simple Java application to call Java wrapper

to execute remote CICS EGL program. 

So  far we run into the AZI6 error  and  stopped at  CICS  mirror  transaction  CISS. 

While client's CICS SP is supporting us for troubleshooting, I would like  to post the problem here for VAGen-EGL story  sharing. 

Is there anyone has successfully run this kind of  scenario ?  Any hints for solving the AZI6 error is very much appreciated !

• markevans
    markevans
    2887 Posts

Re: AZI6 error when connecting native Java to CICS EGL/COBOL by calling EGL Java wrapper

‏2013-06-07T14:05:54Z  

L.H.,

The AZI6 just means an abend happened on the host when it was trying to invoke the program/mirror transaction.

Are you saying it did not go beyond the invocation of the mirror program?   In other words, did it ever try to start the called program or ELACSV7?

I don't remember setting up an IPIC connection except when I used PARMFORM=CHANNEL...but that would be how the data is passed up (COMMAREA vs Channels).

I will try experimenting when I have time if you would attach a copy of the project (archive copy) including the native Java you are using to invoke the wrapper.

• dwkey
    dwkey
    203 Posts

Re: AZI6 error when connecting native Java to CICS EGL/COBOL by calling EGL Java wrapper

‏2013-06-12T17:30:21Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2013-06-07T14:05:54Z

L.H.,

The AZI6 just means an abend happened on the host when it was trying to invoke the program/mirror transaction.

Are you saying it did not go beyond the invocation of the mirror program?   In other words, did it ever try to start the called program or ELACSV7?

I don't remember setting up an IPIC connection except when I used PARMFORM=CHANNEL...but that would be how the data is passed up (COMMAREA vs Channels).

I will try experimenting when I have time if you would attach a copy of the project (archive copy) including the native Java you are using to invoke the wrapper.

Mark,

I've attached two simple IVP projects( EGL and Java ).  Prog666 is the EGL program  with record666 parameter. 

DoIt.java  is the java application to call prog666 by calling java wrapper  Prog666Wrapper.java.  

I'm not sure the way  to set value to internal record666 instance is right or not  , please help correct it in DoIt.java. 

For IPIC connection problem,  if I changed the serverid in linkage from CISS to CPMI, then the prog666 can be called , but with ELAE abend.

I have asked one CICS expert to for support  on 6/13, will update you  once we  get problem solved,  thanks !  

Attachments

• markevans
    markevans
    2887 Posts

‏2013-06-12T20:14:06Z  
    • dwkey
    • ‏2013-06-12T17:30:21Z

Mark,

I've attached two simple IVP projects( EGL and Java ).  Prog666 is the EGL program  with record666 parameter. 

DoIt.java  is the java application to call prog666 by calling java wrapper  Prog666Wrapper.java.  

I'm not sure the way  to set value to internal record666 instance is right or not  , please help correct it in DoIt.java. 

For IPIC connection problem,  if I changed the serverid in linkage from CISS to CPMI, then the prog666 can be called , but with ELAE abend.

I have asked one CICS expert to for support  on 6/13, will update you  once we  get problem solved,  thanks !  

L.H.,

thanks.   Not sure exactly when I will get to trying this..but hopefully early next week.  I am traveling on business this week.

Anyway, I think the CISS transaction was the problem with the AZI6.  The call through CTG requires the use of the CICS mirror program (progname - DFHMIRS) and CPMI is associated with that program.  I am guessing that CISS is not.

The ELAE abend means that the EGL program (or catcher) got started as this is an Abend the EGL runtime/program issues when something is wrong within the EGL runtime or the setup.   I am guessing that the problem is the CPMI transaction does not have a TWASIZE setting of 1024 which is required when an EGL transaction/Program is executing.   To find the exact error, you should be able to look at the contents of the ELAD transient data queue which is where EGL writes messages.   I use the CICS transaction named CEBR and then type "get ELAD" in the command line.  This will read the contents of ELAD and display them in the CEBR screen.

So, take a look at this and if the TWASIZE error is the problem, you need to set it on the CPMI transaction or copy CPMI to some other transaction and also change serverID to specify this new transaction.