Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-23T18:41:24Z by Ideal950
N5RH_Paul_Aage_Aasheim
5 Posts

Pinned topic SCA run into to trouble after updating Ruby Java Bridge

‏2013-06-02T22:17:28Z |

When I update the Ruby Java Bridge for Software Usa Analysis, I got an error with SCA where it was unable to launch the reports:

at com.bigfix.dss.JettyLauncher.main(JettyLauncher.java:56)
Caused by: org.jruby.exceptions.RaiseException: (DatabaseConnectionError) NativeException: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
2013-06-02 09:54:58 / [WARN] Error: application initialization failed

Does anyone know who to solve this?

PAA

• cglimson
    cglimson
    12 Posts

Re: SCA run into to trouble after updating Ruby Java Bridge

‏2013-06-05T10:18:41Z  

Hi PAA,

It seems possible that it's the updated java library for SUA 1.3, but there could be another cause for the problem. In your TEMA SCA, can you check the database authentication information in database.yml?

Use the MS SQL Studio Management tool to validate both authentications:

• If it's SQL auth, check that you still have access to the SQL server.
    • If it's NT auth, in the NT Service Manager, check that the TEM Analytic service "Login As" user has properly accessed the SQL database.

If you can confirm that the user access rights can be validated through SQL Studio Manager, can you send a full tema.log either here or to cshyu@us.ibm.com (I have also been consulting with him on your post)? By default, the log is located at Program Files\Bigfix Enterprise\TEMA\logs folder.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

• N5RH_Paul_Aage_Aasheim
    5 Posts

‏2013-06-05T11:03:28Z  
    • cglimson
    • ‏2013-06-05T10:18:41Z

Hi PAA,

It seems possible that it's the updated java library for SUA 1.3, but there could be another cause for the problem. In your TEMA SCA, can you check the database authentication information in database.yml?

Use the MS SQL Studio Management tool to validate both authentications:

• If it's SQL auth, check that you still have access to the SQL server.
    • If it's NT auth, in the NT Service Manager, check that the TEM Analytic service "Login As" user has properly accessed the SQL database.

If you can confirm that the user access rights can be validated through SQL Studio Manager, can you send a full tema.log either here or to cshyu@us.ibm.com (I have also been consulting with him on your post)? By default, the log is located at Program Files\Bigfix Enterprise\TEMA\logs folder.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Thanks

It's NT- auth - I have recently checked that service has a login account that has properly Access to the database. I have also recently change the owner own the database to become the same as the other TEM-databases, which is the manager of the system. In addition I have checked NT AUTH\System which is used by the service to log on has properly rigths. There was a log-on error on the Enterprise database, but even when I try to trace, it's not possibile to find that the user access is not OK. But, may I ask whats the command to force to set the mapping and rigths of a user in SQL?

PAA

• VincentShyu
    VincentShyu
    2 Posts

‏2013-06-12T01:31:54Z  

PAA, your support question bring to development group and I am trying to figure out what exact happened on your environment set. This support thread started as SCA failed to start after update Ruby Java Bridge for Software Usa Analysis. After looking at the partial of error log you pasted on the original report, it's lead me to believe the issue had to do with user permission of access SCA tem_analytics database.

When one of internal IBMer responded with suggestion on checking on user that runs the TEMA SCA service, we weren't sure your respond if have gone further of being able to launch SCA reporting and having different issue in relate to access BFEnterprise database.

In order to help you further, i like to first by understand whether if you still having problem launch SCA reporting or not.

• N5RH_Paul_Aage_Aasheim
    5 Posts

‏2013-06-12T06:34:17Z  

PAA, your support question bring to development group and I am trying to figure out what exact happened on your environment set. This support thread started as SCA failed to start after update Ruby Java Bridge for Software Usa Analysis. After looking at the partial of error log you pasted on the original report, it's lead me to believe the issue had to do with user permission of access SCA tem_analytics database.

When one of internal IBMer responded with suggestion on checking on user that runs the TEMA SCA service, we weren't sure your respond if have gone further of being able to launch SCA reporting and having different issue in relate to access BFEnterprise database.

In order to help you further, i like to first by understand whether if you still having problem launch SCA reporting or not.

Hello!

I have checked as I told him that the service runs on the same account as one owner of the database and administrators of the MSSQL-server.

Recently did I install the JAVA SDK too because Apache DS require it. It does not change anything:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

Please contact your Tivoli Endpoint Manager Analytics administrator if the problem persists.

• VincentShyu
    VincentShyu
    2 Posts

‏2013-06-12T19:00:15Z  

Hello!

I have checked as I told him that the service runs on the same account as one owner of the database and administrators of the MSSQL-server.

Recently did I install the JAVA SDK too because Apache DS require it. It does not change anything:

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

Please contact your Tivoli Endpoint Manager Analytics administrator if the problem persists.

can you send us TEMA.log? 

• Ideal950
    Ideal950
    1 Post

‏2014-05-23T18:41:24Z  

can you send us TEMA.log? 

Did anyone find a solution for this one?  I didn't upgrade the Ruby Rails or Java SDK, but I'm getting a similar error on my tema.log files (attached).  I'm using NT Authentication across the board, Server 2008r2 and SQL 2008r2.  Installed TEMA to a secondary server, and when attempting to establish a connection during setup of TEMA I see the following error:

2014-05-23 13:36:54 / [INFO] Database connection error: No suitable driver

2014-05-23 13:36:54 / [INFO] Database connection error: No suitable driver

Please let me know if you see something wrong in my configuration.  I've tested connections from ODBC / SQL client and connect to the server, so I don't believe it's firewall or network issues preventing the connection.

Attachments