Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-21T14:50:23Z by giocot
giocot
giocot
164 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Help with Joe Pluta Paging.zip example

‏2013-05-18T23:51:13Z |

Hi all
i was interested to the Pluta's example (paging.zip at http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/815851/); i have dowloaded it and imported in my workspace but i have this problems (N.B. i'm using Rational RBD Version: 8.0.4.1):
1- when i try to open the init.egl and the pagex.egl, in the preview and design mode i see a blank screen
2- if i try to open the .egldd file i receive the error "Could not open the editor: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.PackageNotFoundException: Package with uri 'http://www.eclipse.org/xmlns/edt/deployment/1.0' not found. (platform:/resource/Paging/EGLSource/Paging.egldd, 2, 78)

so i tried to create a new my RUI Ui project and paste the source Egl files in the EGLSource folder , but now i have this other problems:
1- when i open the init.egl file i receive this error: "@ Job.schedule(2000)
[CRRUI2002E] addPage
An error occurred inside Init: this.pageStack is null
[CRRUI2094E] Here are the EGL function calls leading to this error:
Init.addPage() [native JavaScript]
Init.start2() [native JavaScript]"

i also noted the in my new project i have not the folder EGLBin and generatedJavaScript, where i0m wrong ? i have not created correctly the new projcet ?
can some help to understand the problems that i have with the imported project and with the new project that i created

Thanks in advance and sorry but
these are my first test with EGL

• Ortwin
    Ortwin
    204 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Help with Joe Pluta Paging.zip example

‏2013-05-20T19:09:01Z  in response to giocot

Hi,

The example Joe provided is for EDT (EDT is an open-source version of the EGL development tooling on which the IBM contribution has stalled). An EDT project cannot be used in RBD without modifications.

The project attached to this post is the Paging project of Joe adapted to be used in RBD. I created this project in RBD 8.0.1.2.

To use this project make sure the common EGL projects are in your workspace. If they are not first create a dummy EGL RUI project. This causes the EGL projects to be created aswel.

Import the PagingRBD project by using Import -> General -> Existing projects into Workspace. And in the wizard selecting 'Select archive file'.

Good luck.

Ortwin

Attachments

• giocot
      giocot
      164 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Help with Joe Pluta Paging.zip example

‏2013-05-21T14:50:23Z  in response to Ortwin

Hi  Ortwin

now it's woks , many thanks for your help

By