Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-02T09:10:27Z by HermannSW
6BFT_Brendon_Flanagan
21 Posts

Pinned topic Results Acton To File

‏2013-08-01T21:20:12Z |

I am wanting to build a set of rest services to be able to modify specific service configuration files under the local folder for the particular domain.

Is it therefore possible to do this in a service, ie have a Results action send its output to a file (ie destination to file), or, is there a way to do this in xslt, or, is it simply not possible, ie I know you can fetch files out of the local folder for example, but not sure when it comes to the other way round.

• Doyler86
    Doyler86
    91 Posts

Re: Results Acton To File

‏2013-08-02T02:30:35Z  

doing this in the local directory is a little tricky, i've see people store stuff in the temp directory, but don't think it's possible in local without using a soma/amp command. your service can issue a dp:set-file command to perform this, but this will require a user id and pw that has access to the default domain. 

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4637 Posts

Re: Results Acton To File

‏2013-08-02T09:10:27Z  
    • Doyler86
    • ‏2013-08-02T02:30:35Z

doing this in the local directory is a little tricky, i've see people store stuff in the temp directory, but don't think it's possible in local without using a soma/amp command. your service can issue a dp:set-file command to perform this, but this will require a user id and pw that has access to the default domain. 

Doyle is right, and writing to local file system a huge number of times can destroy flash (eg. when done for every transaction).

If you really want to do this, you can find the details in "Re: Storing file at run time in local disk" posting:
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/HermannSW/entry/re_storing_file_at_run_time_in_local_disk15

The only DataPower extension function to store (XML) data is dp:dump-nodes() which is only capable to store in temporary:/// folder.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>