Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-11-03T03:26:16Z by wangxjbj
Vipin_Sakhare
Vipin_Sakhare
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Monitoring service unavailable on Biginsights web console

‏2014-07-09T12:43:13Z |

Hi,

We have deployed BigInsights Quickstart edition with two nodes. The monitoring service shows unavailable on the UI. But when we run healthcheck from the backend all the components are started. 

From the UI,

1) we tried to deploy four monitoring applications : Cluster Aggregation,data retention, down sampling and log collection

2) Ran the applications, data retention and log collection ran successful

3) Running the Cluster aggregation and down sampling gives error JA018 : Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.PigMain], exit code [2]

4) Inspite of the above error, tried starting the monitoring service from the UI, the "write hbase status" shows as error.

Are there any configuration changes we are missing. Please help on this.

Updated on 2014-07-09T12:46:25Z at 2014-07-09T12:46:25Z by Vipin_Sakhare
  • lresende
    lresende
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Monitoring service unavailable on Biginsights web console

‏2014-08-11T22:11:52Z  in response to Vipin_Sakhare

Could you please verify that HBase is working fine, and that you actually have the pig jar in /biginsights/oozie/sharedLibraries/pig/pig-0.12.0.jar

Any other hints from the logs on whats going on ?

• DigitalMeister2010
    DigitalMeister2010
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-27T15:51:02Z  in response to Vipin_Sakhare

I'm running into a similar issue, except my Map/Reduce, HDFS, Alert, HttpFS and Monitoring services appear Unavailable on the Cluster Status page.  Everything seems to be fine if I run the ./status.sh script.

• imagineel
      imagineel
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-17T14:19:29Z  in response to DigitalMeister2010

Hi

I  have similar problem on deployed BigInsights2.2.1 with 1NN 1SecNN 3DN nodes. The cluster services->monitoring service shows unavailable on the UI. But when we run healthcheck from the backend all the components are started up and running.

and also pls let me know how to restart alert management service in the cluster.

Thanks in advance.

• wangxjbj
    wangxjbj
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-11-03T03:26:16Z  in response to Vipin_Sakhare

After installation, monitoring service by default is turned off. So you will see monitoring shown as "unavailable".  To turn it on , an easy way is to

log in as biadmin or other sysadmin role user -> on the CLuster status page , click the Monitoring service, and on the right panel, click "Start" button

Then it will start  the monitoring service, and also deploy-> run the monitoring related applications automatically. Around 5 seconds or so later, after the page refreshing automatically, you should see it running.

Thanks.