Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-01-25T19:12:07Z by Dale Hille
Dale Hille
Dale Hille
4 Posts

Pinned topic DASH install error

‏2013-08-25T18:06:56Z |

Hi, I've been trying to install DASH on a Windows 7 machine using IM pointing to the RTP GSA location for the GA version .  The install appears to run ok up until the very end during a post-install phase.  I told IM to install WAS8.5, the WAS extension and DASH.  Each time, the WAS install works but the DASH install ends with:   CTGWA0134E Fail to import widgets.zip.

Is there a way to fix this without having to start the whole install process over again?

Here's the full log message and an attachment with the dash log files.

Installation failed.

Error during "post-install configure" phase:

CTGWA0134E Fail to import widgets.zip.

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzSM\install\tip\tipWrapperInstall.xml:37: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzSM\install\tip\tipWrapperInstall.xml:150: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzSM\install\tip\tipInstall.xml:475: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\JazzSM\install\tip\tipInstall.xml:169: CTGWA0134E Fail to import widgets.zip.

org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.addLocationToBuildException(ProjectHelper.java:508)
    org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:418)
    org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:105)
    org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor21.invoke(Unknown Source)
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
    org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:357)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
    org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.ant.AntInstallOperation.doPerform(AntInstallOperation.java:235)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.AbstractInstallOperation.perform(AbstractInstallOperation.java:126)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.AntInstallAdapter.customOperation(AntInstallAdapter.java:82)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.PerformInstallOperation.doPerform(PerformInstallOperation.java:54)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.AbstractInstallOperation.perform(AbstractInstallOperation.java:126)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallTransaction.performOperation(InstallTransaction.java:76)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallContext.performOperationReturnStatus(InstallContext.java:539)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.handlePerformOperation(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:403)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.processCommonOperation(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:440)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.AntInstallAdapter.dispatcher(AntInstallAdapter.java:67)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.performMain(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:284)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.performOtherPhase(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:130)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.commonNativeInstallAdapter.ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.perform(ICommonNativeInstallAdapter.java:103)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.antInstallAdapter.AntInstallAdapter.postInstallConfigure(AntInstallAdapter.java:55)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.SafeInstallAdaptorWrapper.postInstallConfigure(SafeInstallAdaptorWrapper.java:105)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase$PostInstallConfigure.performIU(Engine.java:643)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase$IUPhase$IUPhaseSubOperation.perform(Engine.java:479)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallTransaction.performOperation(InstallTransaction.java:76)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase$IUPhase.doPerform(Engine.java:379)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase.perform(Engine.java:316)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallTransaction.performOperations(InstallTransaction.java:119)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine$Phase.perform(Engine.java:265)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Engine.install(Engine.java:90)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallOrderManager$EngineInstallOperation.perform(InstallOrderManager.java:559)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallTransaction.performOperations(InstallTransaction.java:119)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.performEngineOperations(Director.java:1681)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.doInstall(Director.java:1064)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.doInstall(Director.java:987)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.install(Director.java:648)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.install(Agent.java:1699)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.wizards.InstallWizard.performTask(InstallWizard.java:330)
    com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.wizards.AgentUIWizard$2.run(AgentUIWizard.java:474)
    com.ibm.cic.common.ui.internal.parts.ProgressPart$ProgressJob.run(ProgressPart.java:104)
    org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Attachments

• sadravid
    sadravid
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DASH install error

‏2013-08-27T09:37:22Z  

Thanks Hao. After the failed install, the restcli.bat and  /ui/installableApps/widgets.zip files no longer exists.

I tried a fresh install (this time selecting a different port) and I also verified using netstat -an under cygwin that the ports were not in use.  This install also failed with the message about failing to import widgets.zip . 

I attached the error logs of the latest install attempt.

Thanks,

-Dale

Hi Dale,

When you are installing DASH using IM, there would be a feature tree panel, where you can see following 2 features

Installation

Configuration

You can unselect Configuration feature and then install DASH binary files.

Once installation is done using Installation feature, you can modify file "C:\IBM\JazzSM\install\tip\tipWrapperInstall.xml" by commenting the ant target which makes call to "importWidget".

Then start IM and click on Modify and select Configuration feature for DASH.

This time when configuration is going on, IM will not call "importWidget" ant target (since it has been commented in file tipWrapperInstall.xml)

Can you try above steps and let us know how it works ?

Original problem on why DASH is failing to import widget is still has to be investigated by DASH team.

thanks

• haola
    haola
    4 Posts

‏2013-08-26T12:48:28Z  

Hi Dale,

Thanks for attaching the logs in the posting!

I am not aware of a way to 'restart' from the last installation failure, in IM and overall JazzSM installation architecture.   I will ask around though.

For your installation failure, it might have been because of 16314 is tied up for some reason?  You might want to reboot or use different  port ranges for your next installation, in case the port is stuck in some state for whatever reason...

[8/25/13 13:30:35:597 EDT] 0000007c TCPChannel    I   TCPC0002I: TCP Channel TCPInboundChannel_ipcc.Default_IPC_Connector_Name has stopped listening on host 127.0.0.1  (IPv4: 127.0.0.1) port 16314.

For now, if the files are still laying around on the machine, make sure your server1 is running and you can manually execute

restcli.bat import -username <your WAS id> -password <your WAS password>  -source  <JazzSM_HOME>/ui/installableApps/widgets.zip

HTH

• Dale Hille
    Dale Hille
    4 Posts

‏2013-08-26T16:00:23Z  
    • haola
    • ‏2013-08-26T12:48:28Z

Hi Dale,

Thanks for attaching the logs in the posting!

I am not aware of a way to 'restart' from the last installation failure, in IM and overall JazzSM installation architecture.   I will ask around though.

For your installation failure, it might have been because of 16314 is tied up for some reason?  You might want to reboot or use different  port ranges for your next installation, in case the port is stuck in some state for whatever reason...

[8/25/13 13:30:35:597 EDT] 0000007c TCPChannel    I   TCPC0002I: TCP Channel TCPInboundChannel_ipcc.Default_IPC_Connector_Name has stopped listening on host 127.0.0.1  (IPv4: 127.0.0.1) port 16314.

For now, if the files are still laying around on the machine, make sure your server1 is running and you can manually execute

restcli.bat import -username <your WAS id> -password <your WAS password>  -source  <JazzSM_HOME>/ui/installableApps/widgets.zip

HTH

Thanks Hao. After the failed install, the restcli.bat and  /ui/installableApps/widgets.zip files no longer exists.

I tried a fresh install (this time selecting a different port) and I also verified using netstat -an under cygwin that the ports were not in use.  This install also failed with the message about failing to import widgets.zip . 

Thanks,

-Dale

Attachments

• sadravid
    sadravid
    20 Posts

‏2013-08-27T09:37:22Z  

Thanks,

-Dale

Hi Dale,

When you are installing DASH using IM, there would be a feature tree panel, where you can see following 2 features

Installation

Configuration

Once installation is done using Installation feature, you can modify file "C:\IBM\JazzSM\install\tip\tipWrapperInstall.xml" by commenting the ant target which makes call to "importWidget".

This time when configuration is going on, IM will not call "importWidget" ant target (since it has been commented in file tipWrapperInstall.xml)

Original problem on why DASH is failing to import widget is still has to be investigated by DASH team.

thanks

• Dale Hille
    Dale Hille
    4 Posts

‏2013-08-27T16:08:25Z  
    • sadravid
    • ‏2013-08-27T09:37:22Z

Hi Dale,

Installation

Configuration

thanks

Hi Saurabh, I followed your steps and was able to get DASH FP1 installed. 

Thanks!

-Dale

• theogrimoldi
    theogrimoldi
    1 Post

‏2015-01-24T03:55:16Z  

Hi Saurabh, I followed your steps and was able to get DASH FP1 installed. 

Thanks!

-Dale

Hello Dale.

I have the same error and could install , unclicking the option configuration.

Could you please show the lines that to edit into the tipWrapperInstall.xml.

I'm trying but probably I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!!

Theo.

• Dale Hille
    Dale Hille
    4 Posts

‏2015-01-25T19:12:07Z  

Hello Dale.

I have the same error and could install , unclicking the option configuration.

Could you please show the lines that to edit into the tipWrapperInstall.xml.

I'm trying but probably I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!!

Theo.

Hi, I'm sorry but I no longer have access to the machine where I first did the install so I'm not able to view the .xml file