Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-10T13:28:39Z by nick_tn
nick_tn
nick_tn
584 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic web page dynamic content collaboration

‏2013-07-09T17:11:19Z |

I will be developing a web app with a person who will be doing the graphics, css, and some content such as adobe flash. I would like to build the web page so that i can "insert" the graphics persons stuff. I was thinking of using an iframe, but im not sure thats the best way to go since some browers, devices have issues with them. All the content for the website will exist on the same domain.

For example, the graphics person creates a new flash video content each month. I dont want to be involved in having it rolled out. I just want her to stick the new file on the web server and my page would serve it up.

Any suggestions or best practices on this?

• clogs
    clogs
    186 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: web page dynamic content collaboration

‏2013-07-10T08:57:59Z  in response to nick_tn

Hi NIck,

A bit off topic: are you aware that flash on mobile devices (Android Jelly Bean, iOS) is no longer supported? May not be a problem in your case, but I have visited websites using my Asus TF700T tablet which did not show the flash content.

Regards,

Willem

• nick_tn
      nick_tn
      584 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: web page dynamic content collaboration

‏2013-07-10T13:28:39Z  in response to clogs

Hi Willem,

i was justing using that as an example. We will be moving away from flash. Im just looking for suggestions on how to handle web content collaboration. I dont want to have to get involved when certain dynamic content changes. If i use an iframe, then the other developers can just modify their web page and the changes would appear without any mods to the code by myself. But i read using iframe may not be the best pratice.