Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-10-24T13:35:29Z by IBMDMDM
IBMDMDM
IBMDMDM
8 Posts

Pinned topic MDM Upgrade from 9.7 to 11.5

‏2016-09-15T14:01:10Z | mdm-migration

I am in the process of upgrading an Initiate 9.7 Installation to MDM Standard 11.5. I am following the instructions as detailed in the link below

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSWSR9_11.5.0/com.ibm.swg.im.mdmhs.release.upgrade.doc/Topics/adding_mdm_objects_oracle.html

My question is about Steps 1.e, 1.f and 1.g

Why does the configuration manager (basically the CONFIGELEMENT table)  require a separate schema and tablespaces ? Is the CONFIGELEMENT table not created under the schema and tablespaces as mentioned in Steps 1.a, 1.b, 1.c and 1.d ?

Regards

• KaranBal
    KaranBal
    227 Posts

Re: MDM Upgrade from 9.7 to 11.5

‏2016-09-28T21:24:57Z  

All tables and indexes (SE or AE) should be the same database and I am not sure where it requires a separate schema or tablespace. WAS SIB does require a different schema. So I am not sure I follow your concern.

Tablespaces can be same or different, based on what you like, schema should be the same.

• IBMDMDM
    IBMDMDM
    8 Posts

‏2016-09-30T14:28:28Z  
    • KaranBal
    • ‏2016-09-28T21:24:57Z

All tables and indexes (SE or AE) should be the same database and I am not sure where it requires a separate schema or tablespace. WAS SIB does require a different schema. So I am not sure I follow your concern.

Tablespaces can be same or different, based on what you like, schema should be the same.

I fully understand that tables and indices (SE or AE) should be in the same database and schema. 

Please refer to the documentation link (provided in the original post). if you follow steps 1. a thru 1.g, you will notice that steps 1.b and 1.e refer to 2 different files as below:

1. create_schema_ora.sql  

2. create_schema_ora_cfmgr.sql  

Both files have CREATE SCHEMA statements which (at least to me) indicate that 2 separate schemas are required. One for the configuration manager table and indices and the other for MDM tables and indices.

So my concern is as why are the 2 different schemas required and what is their purpose?

I have attached these files for your reference.

Regards

• A Chitra
    A Chitra
    7 Posts

‏2016-10-24T09:37:56Z  

Configuration Management tables APPSOFTWARE, APPDEPLOYMENT, CONFIGELEMENT and APPINSTANCE will be created in the same schema in which other MDM tables are created.  Steps 1e, 1f and 1g in https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSWSR9_11.5.0/com.ibm.swg.im.mdmhs.release.upgrade.doc/Topics/adding_mdm_objects_oracle.html need not be performed.  It is sufficient if steps 1a to 1d are performed.

• IBMDMDM
    IBMDMDM
    8 Posts

‏2016-10-24T13:35:29Z  

Thank you. I hope that someday the InfoCenter documentation is updated accordingly.