IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-08-08T15:52:07Z by Cesar Orozco
Siamack
Siamack
2 Posts

Pinned topic 9.6 Beta 3 hangs

‏2016-08-08T13:53:29Z |

I am using 9.6 Beta 3. RAD continuously hangs upon start-up. Any operation I try to perform, I get the pop-up it that it is waiting for background process to finish, I end up killing the process as it hangs forever. Additionally, I have also installed RTC 6.0.1 p2 installation as my project source resides inside RTC. Any help will be appreciated.

Updated on 2016-08-08T13:54:09Z at 2016-08-08T13:54:09Z by Siamack
  • Cesar Orozco
    Cesar Orozco
    2 Posts

Re: 9.6 Beta 3 hangs

‏2016-08-08T14:24:36Z  

Hello @Siamack

We've noticed this problem too but it seems to disappear after some time indexing some things. Give it some time to finish.​

Moreover, I'd like to document your scenario:
    What exactly do you have in that workspace? i.e. which project types, servers, database connections, etc
    Any other features installed on top of RAD aside of RTC?
    Is it a fresh workspace or an old one? From which version?.

Any information you can give us is highly appreciated to work on it.

Thank you!

• Siamack
    Siamack
    2 Posts

‏2016-08-08T14:41:18Z  

Hello @Siamack

We've noticed this problem too but it seems to disappear after some time indexing some things. Give it some time to finish.​

Moreover, I'd like to document your scenario:
    What exactly do you have in that workspace? i.e. which project types, servers, database connections, etc
    Any other features installed on top of RAD aside of RTC?
    Is it a fresh workspace or an old one? From which version?.

Any information you can give us is highly appreciated to work on it.

Thank you!

I have and Enterprise application that consists of :

1- An EJB JPA enabled application (3.2)

2- A Web application 3.1

3- A Web REST 2.0 enabled application

4- I have RTC 6.0.1 P2 client installed into my RAD as well

5- I use WebSphere Application Traditional V9 as my run time.

As for indexing, I have tried numerous time to delete contents of "com.ibm.etools.references" under .metadata to allow re-indexing. It did not help. I ended up removing all project contents and then reload my RTC workspace. Once that was done, I ended up getting the error, that it could not create JPA resources (something to this effect). I then went to EJB preferences --> facets and then disabled JPA 2.1, saved and applied the changes and then undid that. I ended up doing it a few times before it went away.

This has been happening consistently for the past few weeks for me and no matter how long I wait (30 minutes), it does not go away. I used RAD 9.6 Beta to create the projects from scratch and they are not old projects from previous RAD 9.5 or less that had to be migrated

Updated on 2016-08-08T14:42:46Z at 2016-08-08T14:42:46Z by Siamack
  • Cesar Orozco
    Cesar Orozco
    2 Posts

‏2016-08-08T15:52:07Z  

Could you please attach a screenshot of the Progress view (Window > Show View > Other... > General > Progress) while the problem is occurring to see what background process are running.