Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-27T15:13:05Z by kevintap
Chitreshs
Chitreshs
38 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issue with publishing portlet project

‏2013-06-04T05:22:43Z |

I have started facing this problem in recent time is whenever I publish the project in my WEF workspace I usually encounter that the publish process is stuck at "Setting the class loader mode" after some I see the message that "There was a deployment problem and no message was set" .

I face this issue unless I remove the portlet war from portal and application from the admin console and then again re deploy. Anyone have any idea what could be the issue here?

• mburati
    mburati
    2551 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issue with publishing portlet project

‏2013-06-04T13:20:56Z  in response to Chitreshs

Chitresh,

If you start Designer with -debug -console there may be more info about the publishing problem in the console window when this occurs.

Also, please check the portal server logs (SystemOut,  SystemErr)  to see if there are any errors logged on the server side when this occurs.

The WEF deployment expert created this wiki article a while back on additional deployment/publish diagnostic suggestions, including looking at the publish log in the project after it fails.

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Diagnosing_JMX_publishing_problems_with_WebSphere_Portlet_Factory

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati 
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    • Chitreshs
      Chitreshs
      38 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-19T09:33:08Z  in response to mburati

I see the following error in the logs, I did not find this error covered in above link.

FFDC Exception:com.ibm.ws.management.event.ReceiverPermanentlyUnavailableException SourceId:com.ibm.ws.management.event.PullRemoteSender.alarm ProbeId:96 Reporter:com.ibm.ws.management.event.PullRemoteSender@9ba3c2c3
      com.ibm.ws.management.event.ReceiverPermanentlyUnavailableException: Notification not pulled within 400 seconds from listener 1374221657665
       at com.ibm.ws.management.event.PullRemoteSender.alarm(PullRemoteSender.java:179)

• kevintap
        kevintap
        745 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-19T15:12:12Z  in response to Chitreshs

The error message that you posted sounds like the publish is taking an excessively long time to complete.  How long does it normally take to publish your project?

I assume this error message is seen in the WAS logs?  The message appears to indicate that WAS sent a status notification to the WEF Designer, and the JMX listener in the WEF Designer did not acknowledge the receipt of the notification.  After 400 seconds, it looks like WAS gives up and removes the unresponsive JMX listener that the WEF Designer is using.  At this point, the WEF Designer would be completely disconnected from the app server process and have no ability to monitor the progress of the publish operation or issue any subsequent commands to WAS.

Are there any log files present in the WebContent/WEB-INF/logs directory of your workspace project?  Specifically any log files that start with publish_.  If so, can you please post those or the contents of those.

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.

• Chitreshs
          Chitreshs
          38 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-27T06:03:03Z  in response to kevintap

Here is the log file. Please have  a look.

Attachments

• kevintap
            kevintap
            745 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-27T15:13:05Z  in response to Chitreshs

hi Chitresh,

From the log file that you attached, it does look like the problem that I described in my previous post.  The JMX notification listener is taking too long to respond and is becoming disconnected by the WAS server process.  Looking at the code involved here, I think there may be some changes that we could make to help avoid this.  If this is a blocking problem for you, then I would suggest opening a PMR with customer support to request a fix in your release.  In any case, I've opened an enhancement request to make some improvements to this code in the next release of WEF.