6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-05T06:50:24Z by SHINJI
TejaswiKatam
TejaswiKatam
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic usecase diagram documentation

‏2013-12-02T08:11:14Z |

Hello All,

I have some new question to be clarified regarding the usecase diagram documentation. I want  the attribute that prints the list of requirements on which each of the usecases depends on. I have tried out all the possible attributes. But I am not getting the desired output. I have attached the model picture for your consideration. As the picture 1.png shows the dependencies of the usecase _3 on REQ001, usecase_7 on REQ002 and so on. I want to create a column in the usecase documenatation table that generates the dependencies on the respective requirements as shown in the picture 2.png.  

Thank you in advance! Hope to hear from you soon

Attachments

• SHINJI
    SHINJI
    123 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: usecase diagram documentation

‏2013-12-03T08:40:53Z  in response to TejaswiKatam

Hello,

Did you try with the expression "$name of [itsDependencies]" against usecases? Anyway, I can produce the table as seen in UC_deps_Rplus.png. If you find it useful, please let me know. However, I think you want to remove REQ3 from the resulted table since no <<trace>> specified to the dependency, am I correct? 

Best Regard,

--Shinji

Attachments

Updated on 2013-12-05T03:17:49Z at 2013-12-05T03:17:49Z by SHINJI
  • TejaswiKatam
    TejaswiKatam
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-03T09:52:04Z  in response to TejaswiKatam

Ya I have got it done.Thank you!

A new question is I just want to document only the elements that are with in the diagram. Because I am generating a precise report for each diagram. But I get many other new actors, usecases, requirements that I have not created within the diagram that I want to document. How can I set this filter with in the template editor?

Updated on 2013-12-03T09:52:40Z at 2013-12-03T09:52:40Z by TejaswiKatam
    • SHINJI
      SHINJI
      123 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-04T04:12:25Z  in response to TejaswiKatam

Hi TejaswiKatam,

That's good. Is it too much to ask for a sample template (*.tpl) for your new question along with a single picture showing ACTUAL and WANT result? If it can't be, additional textual/graphical information might help me to understand your problem better.

Best Regard,

--Shinji

• TejaswiKatam
        TejaswiKatam
        6 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-04T07:12:14Z  in response to SHINJI

The actual template is too big...  I have attached a  subtemplate which might need some modification.

As you can see from the usecase diagram attached to my first question, the diagram comrpises of actor_1 and actor_2. But it documents the other actors along with them. I think this is because of the condition set  $metaClass = "Actor". But i need to filter this immediately.

Updated on 2013-12-04T09:54:06Z at 2013-12-04T09:54:06Z by TejaswiKatam
        • SHINJI
          SHINJI
          123 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-05T03:21:23Z  in response to TejaswiKatam

Hi,

Let me take a look. By the way, if you want to exclude dependencies with no <<trace>> stereotype applied, try with "$name of ([itsDependencies] {$name of current->[stereotype]="trace"})" (ref: UC_deps_Rplus.png).

--Shinji

Updated on 2013-12-05T03:23:58Z at 2013-12-05T03:23:58Z by SHINJI
        • SHINJI
          SHINJI
          123 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-05T06:50:24Z  in response to TejaswiKatam

Hi,

Following 2 changes (I believe) were made to your subtemplate:

1. Remove $metaClass="Actor" in condition tab
          2. Add "[useCaseDiagrams]->[containedElements]{$metaClass ="Actor"}" to Association in Iteration tab

Let me know the result. I attached the modified version of subtemplate in case I updated elsewhere. 

Best Regard,

--Shinji

Attachments