Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-01T21:57:23Z by BSteele
BSteele
BSteele
2 Posts

Pinned topic NetworkPacketAnalyticsToolkit installation problem

‏2013-06-25T23:43:06Z |

I've installed the NetworkPacketAnalyticsToolkit as instructed in the README file. In brief, I installed libcap, unpacked the tar.gz in a workspace directory, and added the toolkit location from within Streams Explorer.

The SPL file contains the following:

namespace com.ibm.streamsx.network;

use com.ibm.streamsx.network::*;

composite TestPacketFileSource {

~~type and PacketFileSouce code was clipped from the example SPL program.~~

}

When I attempt to build the SPL program, I get errors such as:

error: pcap.h: No such file or directory. (lots of other related errors)

The Resources/impl/bin, Resources/impl/include, Resouces/impl/lib and  Resouces/impl/src directories are empty.  

It seems as if the installation failed - any suggestions?

Thanks Brian

• Stan
    Stan
    76 Posts

Re: NetworkPacketAnalyticsToolkit installation problem

‏2013-06-28T14:57:59Z  

pcap.h is part of the toolkit dependency:  Linux 'packet capture library (libpcap)'.

Check to be certain this is properly installed and the folder containing pcap.h is in your PATH.

The tested version for the toolkit is:  'libpcap-0.9.4-15.el5'.  This does not seem to be a version issue unless the header file has been renamed.

• BSteele
    BSteele
    2 Posts

Re: NetworkPacketAnalyticsToolkit installation problem

‏2013-07-01T21:57:23Z  
    • Stan
    • ‏2013-06-28T14:57:59Z

pcap.h is part of the toolkit dependency:  Linux 'packet capture library (libpcap)'.

Check to be certain this is properly installed and the folder containing pcap.h is in your PATH.

The tested version for the toolkit is:  'libpcap-0.9.4-15.el5'.  This does not seem to be a version issue unless the header file has been renamed.

That was the problem.  

Thanks very much.