Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-01-24T03:00:21Z by CQAdmin
JirongHu
JirongHu
89 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Will all CQ action hooks work in CCRC?

‏2014-01-22T01:58:21Z |

Hi All

I've implemented the Deployment Tracking package in CCCQ 7.1. All of our off-shore users are using CCRC/CM Server to access our CCCQ UCM integrated environment. I am not sure if everything will work with the CCRC client (there is a ClearQuest inside CCRC)

Is there anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Jirong

• CQAdmin
    CQAdmin
    103 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Will all CQ action hooks work in CCRC?

‏2014-01-22T03:50:06Z  in response to JirongHu

Points to consider-

1. If you are using CQ alone, creating Defects or other Records through, there is no issue.

2. If you have ClearCase installed on a different machine and if your hook code wants to write something in ClearCase. For Example, lock an activity.

a. If using CQ Web  -> Make sure you run the Web services with the user account who is having all the permissions in ClearCase.

b. If using CQ native client  -> Make sure you have the same user available in the OS.

• JirongHu
      JirongHu
      89 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-22T14:37:20Z  in response to CQAdmin

We have a CM server with native ClearCase and ClearQuest installed, a Windows box.

Offshore users are all using CCRC to access our CCCQ integrated UCM environment. I can see there is CQ functions also included in CCRC plugin to the eclipse IDE.

We don't use CQ Web.

The CQ hook code will do something to ClearCase like change the baseline promotion levels, and launch BuildForge projects in another server. I believe this all happens on the CM server on which I have native CC and CQ client installed.

Thanks

Jirong

• CQAdmin
        CQAdmin
        103 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-23T10:04:03Z  in response to JirongHu

Yes, this will happen on the sever where you have CC installed. Please make sure your CCRC/CC user is same in CQ too.

Further, you can have a test environment and test all this to have confidence.

• JirongHu
          JirongHu
          89 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-23T14:58:33Z  in response to CQAdmin

I've done some basic testing, seems everything is all right. Thanks for your help!

Jirong

• CQAdmin
            CQAdmin
            103 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-24T03:00:21Z  in response to JirongHu

That's great. And it was my pleasure.

:)