Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
20 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-06T07:08:56Z by VU6M_gaurav_gupta
Bheemanagouda
Bheemanagouda
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Administration UI

‏2013-08-21T05:14:06Z |

hi All, please any  one tell me why i am not able to get the Perform Task UI in my DashBoard administraion Console, i have attached the Image also please have a look, and let me know how to Resolve this  UI issue.

Attachments

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
    VU6M_gaurav_gupta
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Administration UI

‏2013-08-23T06:36:39Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

Hi Bheemanagouda,

Looking at the snapshot, I see you get the perform task action option on the UI. Also I see that you do not get the Help page in the Help tab (in the Administration task details view).

Can you please explain me the deployment architecture. (Is it multi node deployment ? Which node uses which server (Liberty / full profile)?).

In that case you need to make sure the Administration UI server can reach the service provider node (BSO should be clear, hostname shd be reachable, etc.) Also can you please share the Systemout.log in Administration UI node (location: <JazzSM_Home>/profile/logs/server1/Systemout.log). Also in case of multinode deployment we need to make sure the servers on two machines share a common LTPA key and users configured are from an LDAP repository.

• Bheemanagouda
      Bheemanagouda
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-23T06:57:03Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

Hi Gaurav,

We have single node deployment , i mean we instlled JAZZSM 1.1 a bundle which comprised of Administration Service,Registry Service, DashBoard .

So my Question is  To Execute the Task Related to Dash & Registry services through Administration UI Perform Task, i am not getting the Option for  Executing  tasks,   so why is it so ? we need to do any configuration for that.

In systemout.log i didnt gett any errors or issues related to ADMIN UI.

If you really need that , in that case i will Update no problem.

Thanks!

Updated on 2013-08-23T07:01:03Z at 2013-08-23T07:01:03Z by Bheemanagouda
      • VU6M_gaurav_gupta
        VU6M_gaurav_gupta
        12 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-23T08:05:41Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

Hi Bheemanagouda,

But I can see you get the perform task in the menu you have attached in screenshot !

To run a task you need to select "Verify action" and to run the change configuration you need to select "Perform task" option in the action menu.

You can also get these options by right clicking on the respective task. If the task has the corresponding action Verify Task/Perform Task, you will get the action when you right click. Most of the tasks have bot the actions.

Is there a problem that when you select these options you donot get anything in the delegated dialogue (pop window dialogue)?

• Bheemanagouda
          Bheemanagouda
          9 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-23T10:03:45Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

Hi Gaurva,

yes you are right, i am not getting anything in that Dialog Box that will open for the options to do the Perticuler Actions.

What is the solution for that?

Thanks!

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
            VU6M_gaurav_gupta
            12 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-23T11:28:41Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

Sounds little weird.

Please send us the Systemout.log. You can send it to us @ gauravgupta27@in.ibm.com also.

Also you can try one more thing ? Go to DASH page > left hand side menu bar > users > credential store

Select administration Services

Enter/update the credentials to the Jazz for SM credentials you provided during installation.

Save the settings.

Log out and log in.

and try again !

Attachments

• Bheemanagouda
              Bheemanagouda
              9 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-23T11:58:16Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

Hi Gaurva,

I have tried by changing the Credential of Admin, than also it is not working.

i have attahed the Screen shot of it check it. and one more thing you asked for System.log file rite, actaully i havent configured

that tarce log in WAS. any how i will send to ur mail.

Thank you!

Attachments

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                12 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-25T17:32:39Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

Hi Bheemanagouda,

Can you try one more thing... I guess this might be a certificate issue. Which browser and version are you using ?

Please try the link on firefox browser also once. Here is a technote that can guide you to resolve the certificate issue.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.psc.doc_1.1.0%2Ftshoot%2Fas_ts_cert_err.html

Also following link gives you details about the browsers supported:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.psc.doc_1.1.0%2Finstall%2Fpsc_c_install_prereqs.html

Please try changing the browser to firefox and try once.

Thanks !

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                  VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                  12 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-27T06:28:47Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

Hi Bheemanagouda,

Any luck with the above try? Did the change of browser help you?

• Bheemanagouda
                    Bheemanagouda
                    9 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-28T07:52:49Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

hi Gaurav,         No i didnt get that, is any alternative way

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                      VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                      12 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-28T08:57:31Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

I just asked you to change the browser wherever you are rendering admin UI page.

https://localhost:16311/ibm/console

From the screen shot I could make out its Internet Explorer where you are opening the above link. Might be the version of IE you are using is not compatible. You can look for browser compatibility in teh following link:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.psc.doc_1.1.0%2Finstall%2Fpsc_c_install_prereqs.html

I think it might be a certificate issue which is not preventing teh dialogue box and pages to render. Please try using Firefox to launch administtration UI:https://localhost:16311/ibm/console

More about the browser certificate resolution, you can refer to below link:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.psc.doc_1.1.0%2Ftshoot%2Fas_ts_cert_err.html

So please try opening Administration Ui in Firefox browser and see if it resolves the issue for you.

• Bheemanagouda
                        Bheemanagouda
                        9 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-29T06:34:49Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

hi Gaurav,

I am using Even FireFox also , but for administration console i am getting Same Problem.

i have checked the supporting Version of Browser also, i am using IE 9 that will support for Dashboard,

Idk Exactly what was the problem.

Thanks!

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                          VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                          12 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-29T09:13:58Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

Hope you are not getting the certificate (untrusted site) warning in firefox. The resolution of this problem is there in teh link given above.

You have to right click and open the frame in new window (in firefox > accept the certificate and launch teh run task again.

Can you please paste me snapshot of what you see in firefox when you launch help or delegated dialogue using verify task or run task option.

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                            VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                            12 Posts
                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-29T09:18:32Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

Also please try using the hostname in teh url when you are launching Admin UI / DASH.

eg: https://<hostname>:<port>/ibm/console

avoid using ip address or localhost. Sometimes that may also cause problems.

Let me know if you are able to resolve the issue with above two work arounds.

If not please send me the snapshot of firefox window that you see when you launch help or delegated dialogue through verify task/run task option. Also please share the latest logs once agian. I cannot see any problem in the logs you shared previously. It didnot seem to have logged any event with launching verify task/run task.

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                              VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                              12 Posts
                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-03T07:30:59Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

Hi Bhemmanangouda,

Any luck with the solution proposed above?

• Bheemanagouda
                                Bheemanagouda
                                9 Posts
                                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-04T06:59:10Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

Hi Gaurav,

No luck ,now i am not able to see the Admin UI details also, i am getting some error, and that i have attached bellow.

i checked in both IE and FireFox also and as for ur suggestion  i used the Host Name only.

Thanks!

Attachments

Updated on 2013-09-04T07:00:21Z at 2013-09-04T07:00:21Z by Bheemanagouda
                                • VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                                  VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                                  12 Posts
                                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-04T07:08:46Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

Ahh it seems your system was restarted and DB2 is stopped/not started after restart. Please start DB2 from the icon on the right hand side bottom application tray (or using db2start command). After restart DB2, please retry the above steps on Firefox to check the certificate issue (the version supported by JazzSM)

Also as suggested above, please try using the hostname in the url when you are launching Admin UI / DASH.

eg: https://<hostname>:<port>/ibm/console

avoid using ip address or localhost. Sometimes that may also cause problems.

• Bheemanagouda
                                    Bheemanagouda
                                    9 Posts
                                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-04T07:25:15Z  in response to VU6M_gaurav_gupta

HI Gaurav,

I have Restarted the DB2, now it is working thanks, but still i am getting the same Error, while doing PerformTask,& HELP, Verify Task. it is not loading the action List Window(UI). and i have attached the screen below.

Thanks!,

Attachments

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                                      VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                                      12 Posts
                                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-04T09:19:00Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

Hi Bheemanangouda,

I see the problem says server is not reachable at tri04itsm-jazzs. Can you open your command prompt and make sure that tri04itsm-jazzs is pingable (ping -t tri04itsm-jazzs). Alternatively, you can check the settings of /etc/hosts property file in your OS if this name is configured there or not. If not add the required entry there.

Location of hosts file in windows: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
                                      Location of hosts file in Unix: /etc/hosts

Make sure the entry is there in the following format:
                                      <ip-address>    <fully-qulaified-host-name>        <short-name>

eg:

127.0.0.1        IBM-5DV8ITHBOHQ.in.ibm.com        IBM-5DV8ITHBOHQ

Please let us know if it works.

• Bheemanagouda
                                      Bheemanagouda
                                      9 Posts
                                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-04T13:28:06Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

hi Gaurav,

I have added the Ip, Hostaname into host file of system\etc\host file, but still i am not getting ,

Same Error only i have attached screen above.

Thanks!

• VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                                        VU6M_gaurav_gupta
                                        12 Posts
                                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-06T07:08:56Z  in response to Bheemanagouda

Hi Bheema,

As per our telephonic discussion and screen sharing, we saw that somehow the application sever is not able to resolve the hostname. So we updated the two hosts entry for registry and service provider  in <JazzSM_Home>/admin/etc/ConfigurationServiceProvider/serviceprovider.properties with fully qualified host name (or IPs) (that were recognized by the server)  and restarted the application server. Then we unregistered the service provider and the resources from service Provider cli so that the entry Registry (with old host name that could not be resolved) be removed and rergistered the Service provider using -register option and resources using -registerresource option and response file under <JazzSM_Home>/var/admin_task_bundles for dash and registry. This registered the new configuration with recognizable host name/IP. This solved the problem for us stated above.