• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-07-03T03:43:17Z by Bill Soper
1 Post

Pinned topic Can File Manager use RACF Policy Agent for SSL?

‏2014-07-01T21:20:17Z |

We are running File Manager V11 and have it setup for CICS Explorer.  We are just starting to work with the RACF Policy agent and the use of AT-TLS.  Can the File Manager SSL requirements be setup in a policy agent TTLSRule?   if so what would be the keyring?

• DaveN
    76 Posts

Re: Can File Manager use RACF Policy Agent for SSL?

Hi Brad,

Most of us monitoring the forum are experts in CICS Explorer with only an overview of File Manager.

I'm trying to get a contact from File Manager who can answer your question.

Dave :-)

• Bill Soper
    Bill Soper
    1 Post

Re: Can File Manager use RACF Policy Agent for SSL?

While I'm not a AT-TLS expert, some general information - this should be configurable in your TTLSRule -  connection is inbound on the server port and is the simplest case - SSL Protection, no client authentication. The keyring to use is up to you and specified as part of the TTLSEnvironmentAction referred to by your TTLSRule.  When using with AT-TLS, configure the FMNCAS server without SSL.
    For TLS configuration with servers you probably already have this link - but just in case; 

However, I'm still to confirm that the client would recognize such a connection. I'll let you know after I check this out. In our experience it is easier to turn on SSL support for the FM(later Common Component) server than configuring AT-TLS, so we don't have examples of this running.
    Bill (FM&CommonComponent Development)

Updated on 2014-07-03T04:00:25Z at 2014-07-03T04:00:25Z by Bill Soper