Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-24T02:44:53Z by konapalligopi
konapalligopi
konapalligopi
62 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ICN actions security

‏2013-04-22T02:59:14Z |

Hi Everyone,

I am new to ICN. Can somebody clarify me on he below.

In workplaceXT/Workplace site preferences we have actions link where we can provide the security to the each action. is there any area in ICN similar to this?(In ICN i need to configure the actions based on the security)

Is ICN use the same configurations for this actions applied in WorkplaceXT/ Workplace?

Updated on 2013-04-22T03:00:37Z at 2013-04-22T03:00:37Z by konapalligopi
  • nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ICN actions security

‏2013-04-22T07:34:15Z  in response to konapalligopi

Hi.

To my knowledge, access roles, used in Workplace/WorkplaceXT, are not yet available in ICN.

In my case, I had to create different desktops for differents profiles, where I removed unwanted actions for user profiles.

For example, on the default desktop, I created new action menus based on the standards, and I removed "Delete" actions.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Nicolas

• konapalligopi
      konapalligopi
      62 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T01:03:20Z  in response to nicolas.leralle

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you. I will just explain my scenario here to elaborate more.

When i search any of the documents through search template it should display in the search results but user should not have any permission to view/modify that document including properties of that document also he can not see except the properties which will come for the search result headers.

Is there any way to achieve this with out creating new desktop ?

• nicolas.leralle
        nicolas.leralle
        100 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T07:32:54Z  in response to konapalligopi

To my knowledge, as soon as the user has permissions to retrieve the document from a search, meaning he has at least "View Content" and/or "View properties" on the document, available actions on the desktop which needs "View Content" acces level will be available.

Best regards,

Nicolas

• konapalligopi
          konapalligopi
          62 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T07:42:42Z  in response to nicolas.leralle

In that way, can't we achieve this requirement? Please suggest me.

• nicolas.leralle
            nicolas.leralle
            100 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T07:52:05Z  in response to konapalligopi

If I understand your requirements, you want that the user retrieves only properties shown in your search result display page. You don't want him to open the properties page in ICN.

As soon as he has access rights to open the properties page (View Content), and if this menu is available in actions, you can't address your requirement.

It may be possible to remove view properties actions only on the search results, but I'm not sure of that (look at the DefaultSearchTemplateContextMenu menu, and try to remove actions you don't want the user to have).

Best regards,

Nicolas