Chris_in_NY
Chris_in_NY
55 Posts

Pinned topic How to Export a Maximo Report for BIRT

‏2013-08-12T20:37:28Z |

My notes state to :

Go To -> Administration -> Reporting -> Report Administration

Select the repot.

Use "Select Action" and choose "Export Report", but I do not see that option under the list of  Select Actions.

I've check with the maxadmin user as well, so I don't think it is a permissions issue. 

How do I export a report from maximo so I can import into BIRT ?

Thanks.

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    368 Posts

Re: How to Export a Maximo Report for BIRT

‏2013-08-14T01:37:17Z  

Currently, there is no front end way to export a report. You'll have to get access to the Administrative Workstation where Maximo is installed and execute a bat (or .sh if on Linux) to export the report. See: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM+Maximo+Asset+Management/page/Export+Reports

If you don't have access to the server you'll have to ask someone who does.

• QuocHG
    QuocHG
    55 Posts

‏2013-08-14T09:23:12Z  

I have a question affected Report.

- I want to delete one and more one the report in SCCD 7.1. How to delete it????

Thanks

• Chris_in_NY
    Chris_in_NY
    55 Posts

‏2013-08-14T12:10:54Z  
    • QuocHG
    • ‏2013-08-14T09:23:12Z

- I want to delete one and more one the report in SCCD 7.1. How to delete it????

Thanks

We are Maximo 7.5

To delete a report:

Go To ->  Administration -> Reporting -> Report Administration

Select the report, and in the "Select Action" drop down choose "Delete Report"

• Chris_in_NY
    Chris_in_NY
    55 Posts

‏2013-08-14T12:11:33Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-08-14T01:37:17Z

Currently, there is no front end way to export a report. You'll have to get access to the Administrative Workstation where Maximo is installed and execute a bat (or .sh if on Linux) to export the report. See: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM+Maximo+Asset+Management/page/Export+Reports

If you don't have access to the server you'll have to ask someone who does.

We are Maximo 7.5, and I thought there was a way to do it from the front end/ the maximo application.

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    368 Posts

‏2013-08-14T12:12:30Z  
    • QuocHG
    • ‏2013-08-14T09:23:12Z

Thanks

If you have the proper security rights, you can delete a report from the front end by going to Report Administration, open the report that you need, and from the Select Action menu choose Delete Report. I don't know off the top of my head if you can delete multiple reports at the same time, never had a need to do a batch delete but my guess would be it only supports deleting one by one from the front end.

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    368 Posts

‏2013-08-14T12:21:42Z  

We are Maximo 7.5, and I thought there was a way to do it from the front end/ the maximo application.

No I can assure you that currently there isn't a front end way (neither in Maximo 7.5 nor SCCD 7.5.1). I am participating in the Multitenant Maximo beta (which is an open beta, https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/TPAE%20Maximo%20Multi-tenancy) and in the recordings it's covered (I believe November 2012)about how they enabled Report Export and it works like a charm.

Note: This is a beta and things could always change, though I don't expect it to, and they could release this functionality sooner than Multitenant or even after. Also, I believe because this is an open beta that I don't violate any rules by posting this in the forum but apologize if I have.

• Chris_in_NY
    Chris_in_NY
    55 Posts

‏2013-08-20T12:07:36Z  
    • SASHULL
    • ‏2013-08-14T12:21:42Z

No I can assure you that currently there isn't a front end way (neither in Maximo 7.5 nor SCCD 7.5.1). I am participating in the Multitenant Maximo beta (which is an open beta, https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/TPAE%20Maximo%20Multi-tenancy) and in the recordings it's covered (I believe November 2012)about how they enabled Report Export and it works like a charm.

Note: This is a beta and things could always change, though I don't expect it to, and they could release this functionality sooner than Multitenant or even after. Also, I believe because this is an open beta that I don't violate any rules by posting this in the forum but apologize if I have.

Just found out, you can find the report in maximo.reportdesign table. 

Export the DESIGN field to a file with the rptdesign extension. 

This file can then be imported/edited in BIRT.