• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-21T05:06:57Z by
1 Post

Pinned topic MySQL 5.1 Connectivity using Data Studio

‏2013-06-15T15:14:08Z |

I am trying to connect to MySQL database version 5.1 hosted on a web server using IBM Data Studio 4.1. I am getting below error.

The JDBC driver class was not found in the specified JAR or .zip file. Click the ellipsis (...) button to update the path to the JDBC driver files.
Current file and path location: mysql-connector-java-5.1.0-bin.jar

I downloaded the connector file from "" but IBM Data Studio doesn't recognize this .zip file as the right .jar file.

Can you please let me know if there is something I am missing that needs to be done for successful connection

24 Posts

Re: MySQL 5.1 Connectivity using Data Studio

The wizard needs to know the path to the jar file on the file system.  You can set the path by clicking on the ellipsis (...) button located on the far right hand side next to the driver drop down. (see 1st attachment).

In the next dialog click on the "Edit JAR/.zip..." button and navigate to the location of the .jar file.  If you downloaded the zip file, you will have to unzip the file first and then navigate to the location of the jar file in the unzipped folder. Once you navigate to the jar file, select it and notice how the full path is now shown (see 2nd attachment).

Click ok and once the driver jar is set, finish entering the fields specific to your database and you should be good to go.

Updated on 2013-06-21T05:08:55Z at 2013-06-21T05:08:55Z by