Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-09T19:13:47Z by AdamKaplan
AdamKaplan
AdamKaplan
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WAS 7.0 Eclipse Juno Plugin - can't find runtime

‏2013-09-09T14:30:04Z |

One of my team members is having difficulty with the WAS 7.0 Eclipse plugin for Juno. He's installed the WAS developer edition from the IBM Software Catalog and the plugin from the Eclipse marketplace. However, when he tries to add the WAS7.0 server, it says it can't the find the runtime environment, even though he has pointed Eclipse to the correct install location.

His machine is a Dell Latitude with Windows 7 Pro (x64).

I haven't been able to find anything online on what might be causing this issue. Has anyone encountered this issue and been able to fix it?

• e_yuen
    e_yuen
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WAS 7.0 Eclipse Juno Plugin - can't find runtime

‏2013-09-09T16:17:01Z  in response to AdamKaplan

WDT does not come with a WebSphere Application server  v7.0 server or stub.  Therefore, you'll need to manually install the 7.0 server and use that installation location to create the runtime environment.

Elson

• AdamKaplan
      AdamKaplan
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-09T16:24:02Z  in response to e_yuen

Hi Elson,

My team member did install the server separately. Our company is an IBM Partner, and he used the Developer edition of WebSphere that is currently available in the IBM Software Catalog. We made sure that he installed the correct version, and in a directory his user name has write permissions to on Windows 7 (ex: C:\Users\{username}\IBM\WebSphere).

Do you know if there is an issue with the version of WebSphere 7.0 shipped out with the Developer edition for Windows 7 x64?

• rsanchezh
        rsanchezh
        26 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-09T18:44:58Z  in response to AdamKaplan

Hello,

I tried this scenario (Installed WAS 7 Developer edition on Windows 7, 64 bits, and installed WDT in Juno SR2) and I was able to create the server runtime environment, create a server and start it.

Maybe a silly question, but when you were creating the server runtime environment, did you specify the folder  C:\Users\{username}\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer?  I suppose the error you see is when creating the server runtime environment, something like "The WebSphere Application Server installation directory is not correct", right?

• StevenHung
        StevenHung
        21 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-09T18:58:17Z  in response to AdamKaplan

Hi Adam,

Assuming the server is installed in C:\Users\{username}\IBM\WebSphere, can you get me the following information:

1. How many folders are in that directory? Also, as a rough sample, can you let me know if you see the "configuration", "java", "lib", "plugins", "properties", "runtimes", and "universalDriver" folders?

2. If you go into C:\Users\{username}\IBM\WebSphere\plugins how many jars do you see in this directory? Also, as a rough sample, can you let me know if you see the plugins "com.ibm.ws.admin.core.jar", "com.ibm.ws.admin.services.jar", "com.ibm.ws.admin.system.jar", "org.apache.myfaces1_2.jar", and "org.eclipse.ant.core.jar"?

3. Can you paste the contents of C:\Users\{username}\IBM\WebSphere\properties\version\WAS.product here?

Thanks

• AdamKaplan
          AdamKaplan
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-09T19:13:47Z  in response to StevenHung

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the tip on the WAS.product - it turns out 8.5.5 was installed, not 7.0.0.x. No wonder the Eclipse plug-in couldn't find it!

I'll reach out to IBM to see how we can get a developer copy of WAS 7.0.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Adam