4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-07-01T20:37:08Z by NASCARFan
NASCARFan
NASCARFan
19 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Continued mapping following error in loop instance

‏2014-06-30T16:06:40Z |

Good Day, All.

I have a question concerning the ability of WTX to continue mapping data out of subsequent repeating EDIFACT message loops following an encounter with a loop instance that contained an error.  These include errors such as too many elements, excessive data for an element, etc.

Is there any way to force WTX to keep on mapping out the 'usable' data within subsequent loops?

Feedback much appreciated.

Thank you!

Bud - Customs

• paul.brett
    paul.brett
    427 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Continued mapping following error in loop instance

‏2014-07-01T07:18:38Z  in response to NASCARFan

Bud,

One of the features you may want to review, is the restart attribute.  You can put this attribute on the group level in several places of the EDIFACT Typetrees to ensure mapping continues.

Additionally, you may want to look at altering the failure codes "one or more inputs was invalid" and "input valid but unknown data found" to be warnings instead, which can be found in the map execution options.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

Follow me on Twitter

• NASCARFan
      NASCARFan
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-07-01T14:10:42Z  in response to paul.brett

Hey Pual, Thank you for the insight.  I attempted any number of approaches thus far to no avail.

My "Map Settings" are set to IGNORE 'Input valid but unknown data found" and "Input type contains errors"  exceptions.  And when I attempt to set a restart on Segment Group (NAD trigger segment in an EDIFACT PAXLST message, I am getting a Java pointer error.  Perhaps I am not applying the 'Restart' in the appropriate manner? 

At a loss at the moment.

Bud - Customs 

• paul.brett
        paul.brett
        427 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-07-01T14:23:26Z  in response to NASCARFan

Bud,

At this point, I recommend you open a Service Request (PMR) with IBM WebSphere TX Client Support.  The Java pointer error needs further investigation.

Thanks.

Paul.

Follow me on Twitter

• NASCARFan
          NASCARFan
          19 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-07-01T20:37:08Z  in response to paul.brett

Thx Paul.  Did just that.