• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-12T18:31:56Z by OpherB
dsumner
dsumner
4 Posts

Pinned topic How to burst and distribute a report to user's 'My Folders'

‏2013-12-10T16:03:51Z | burst

Hello, 

I'm having some difficulty bursting and distributing a report to the user's 'My Folders'.  In the report burst options, I specify an invoice number as the burst group.  I specify the user's email address as the recipient field.  The email addresses are associated with the user's user id in Identity and Access.   When I run the report it appears to run successfully.  There is no error message.  I can see the burst sections of the report in my admin 'My Folders'.  But when I log on as the end user, I don't see anything in his 'My Folders'.  I am running this from within Smart Cloud Cost Management.

Thank you for your time,

dsumner

• OpherB
    OpherB
    681 Posts

Re: How to burst and distribute a report to user's 'My Folders'

‏2013-12-10T20:43:04Z  

I have not tested this, but would not be surprised if it is not possible to burst into My Folders.

The My Folder is defined as something only the owner of the folder can write into. You cannot share the content, so I would expect you cannot give other processes to write into it.

Good luck,
    Opher

• dsumner
    dsumner
    4 Posts

‏2013-12-12T16:15:55Z  
    • OpherB
    • ‏2013-12-10T20:43:04Z

I have not tested this, but would not be surprised if it is not possible to burst into My Folders.

The My Folder is defined as something only the owner of the folder can write into. You cannot share the content, so I would expect you cannot give other processes to write into it.

Good luck,
    Opher

Thanks for the response.  I am new to Cognos 8 and trying to learn how to burst and distribute reports.   I want to burst a report and put the burst sections where users can log on and see their section of the report.  If I burst to 'public folders' every user sees every part of the report.  If I burst to 'my folders' the report appears in my own 'my folders' but nothing in the users 'my folders'.   I don't know how to distribute the report to users so that each one sees only his part of the report.

Your help is much appreciated.

dsumner

• OpherB
    OpherB
    681 Posts

‏2013-12-12T18:31:56Z  
    • dsumner
    • ‏2013-12-12T16:15:55Z

Thanks for the response.  I am new to Cognos 8 and trying to learn how to burst and distribute reports.   I want to burst a report and put the burst sections where users can log on and see their section of the report.  If I burst to 'public folders' every user sees every part of the report.  If I burst to 'my folders' the report appears in my own 'my folders' but nothing in the users 'my folders'.   I don't know how to distribute the report to users so that each one sees only his part of the report.

Your help is much appreciated.

dsumner

I believe that if you save the output a user who comes to the saved output will only be able to see the matching burst key values. I suggest you test that...my memory is foggy on this.

Good luck,
    Opher