Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-20T12:13:39Z by AlanSeiden
AlanSeiden
AlanSeiden
13 Posts

Pinned topic SQL_ATTR_SERVERMODE_SUBSYSTEM

‏2014-02-11T17:37:05Z |

What are the valid values for environment variable SQL_ATTR_SERVERMODE_SUBSYSTEM?

On the web I mostly see references to the special value *SAME. Its documentation states: "A null terminated character string that is used to specify the subsystem in which the associated QSQSRVR jobs will run. The default behavior is to have the jobs run in the QSYSWRK subsystem. If the value *SAME is used, then the QSQSRVR jobs will run in the same subsystem as the job using the CLI API."

Besides the special values '*SAME' and '', may I specify an actual subsystem name?

Thanks!

Alan

• krmilligan
    krmilligan
    450 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: SQL_ATTR_SERVERMODE_SUBSYSTEM

‏2014-02-20T03:53:21Z  

Hi, Kent,

Thanks for clarifying. I did mean the SQL_ATTR_SERVERMODE_SUBSYSTEM CLI connection attribute.

Alan 

You can specify a subsystem name for this connection attribute.  The specified subsystem needs to have prestart job entries for QSQSRVR jobs.

• krmilligan
    krmilligan
    450 Posts

‏2014-02-14T20:07:04Z  

SQL_ATTR_SERVERMODE_SUBSYSTEM is a CLI connection attribute value.  Are you talking about that connection attribute or the QIBM_SRVRMODE_SBS environment variable?

• AlanSeiden
    AlanSeiden
    13 Posts

‏2014-02-16T01:59:46Z  

SQL_ATTR_SERVERMODE_SUBSYSTEM is a CLI connection attribute value.  Are you talking about that connection attribute or the QIBM_SRVRMODE_SBS environment variable?

Hi, Kent,

Thanks for clarifying. I did mean the SQL_ATTR_SERVERMODE_SUBSYSTEM CLI connection attribute.

Alan 

• krmilligan
    krmilligan
    450 Posts

‏2014-02-20T03:53:21Z  

Hi, Kent,

Alan 

You can specify a subsystem name for this connection attribute.  The specified subsystem needs to have prestart job entries for QSQSRVR jobs.

• AlanSeiden
    AlanSeiden
    13 Posts

‏2014-02-20T12:13:39Z  

Thank you!

Alan