Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-01-07T12:01:19Z by Srini218
Sansun
Sansun
4 Posts

Pinned topic DB2 First Steps failed creating sample database The "-force" option was not specified...

‏2014-01-01T15:38:21Z |

Hi

I am new to DB2 Express=C x64 for Windows on Windows 7 professional machine. I got this error

Creating database "SAMPLE" on path "C:"...
  Existing "SAMPLE" database found...
    The "-force" option was not specified...
  Attempt to create the database "SAMPLE" failed
  'db2sampl' processing complete.

The Db2 First Step is a GUI how do I specify the -force option?

Uninstall and reinstall didn ot help as the old instance seems to be never get uninstalled.

Appreciate any help.

• Sansun
    Sansun
    4 Posts

Work Around Solution: DB2 First Steps failed creating sample database The "-force" option was not specified...

‏2014-01-01T18:23:41Z  

I found this article in DB2 infocenter helpful to work around my problem though I would like to see a solution to remove the old SAMPLE

The below db2 command line code let me create a new schema and database which is OK so that I dont get stuck

On Windows operating systems, to create a sample database named mysample on the E: drive containing only SQL database objects in schema myschema and to view status messages, issue:

db2sampl -dbpath E -name mysample -schema myschema -sql -force -verbose

Hope this helps some one who has the same issue.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/topic/com.ibm.db2.udb.admin.doc/doc/r0001934.htm

• Srini218
    Srini218
    1 Post

Re: DB2 First Steps failed creating sample database The "-force" option was not specified...

‏2015-01-07T12:01:19Z  

Hi,

I am new to DB2 Express-C ,64 for Windows machine  

can you help me to open the DB2 First Step, as I'm trying to open, which doesn't appear