jpvillegas
9 Posts

Pinned topic The Node Agent is Not Active

‏2013-08-16T05:49:58Z |

I'm trying to start my Node on a command prompt like this:

C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\bin>startnode

ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the AppSrv01 profile

ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: nodeagent

ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.

ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. Server logs, startServer.log, and other log files under C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\nodeagent should contain failure information

What should i do? I try to search on how to start the node agent but its all the same and i execute those command but it fall under the same error(noted at the top).

Thanks in advance!

God bless.

Updated on 2013-08-16T05:50:19Z at 2013-08-16T05:50:19Z by jpvillegas
  • gas
    gas
    921 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: The Node Agent is Not Active

‏2013-08-23T08:08:47Z  

and also when i tried to start the server on websphere console it says that "Server cannot be started because the node agent for server connections_server on node WIN-ETLCB8PB3T2Node01 is not active"

but when i go to System administrator -> nodes -> and Check WIN-ETLCB8PB3T2Node01 and click full resynchronize. it says " the sync operation can not be performed on node WIN-ETLCB8PB3T2Node1 because its node agent is not active"

but when i go to System administrator -> node agents -> and check node agent(it is stopped) so i restart the node it says that "the node agent on node WIN-ETLCB8PB3T2Node01 must be started to perform the restart operation. Node agents in stopped state can not be started from the console"

what should i do? i'm debugging it almost 2days :( anyways thanks!

Go directory C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\nodeagent

Delete all logs.

Start node C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\bin\startNode

Attach to the post fresh SystemOut.log file from C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\nodeagent

• gas
    gas
    921 Posts

‏2013-08-20T09:47:23Z  

Hi,

Is this standalone server or federated to deployment manager?

If it is standalone you do not start it via startNode but startServer server1.

Also attach full stack trace from startserver.log or systemout.log as it is too little information to diagnose the problem.

Gas

• jpvillegas
    jpvillegas
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-22T01:33:47Z  
    • gas
    • ‏2013-08-20T09:47:23Z

Hi,

Also attach full stack trace from startserver.log or systemout.log as it is too little information to diagnose the problem.

Gas

It is a standalone server, Ok thanks im gonna try it later when got into my workstation and also attach the logs.

• jpvillegas
    jpvillegas
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-22T03:19:33Z  
    • gas
    • ‏2013-08-20T09:47:23Z

Hi,

Gas

Btw here are the logs of nodeagent thanks!!

Attachments

• jpvillegas
    jpvillegas
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-22T07:46:00Z  

startServer.log with -trace option

Attachments

• jpvillegas
    jpvillegas
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-22T07:48:57Z  

For those who would like to reply you can also refer to this link

Here

• gas
    gas
    921 Posts

‏2013-08-22T10:08:38Z  

Btw here are the logs of nodeagent thanks!!

Hi,

Something is not correct in your configuration.

If this is standalone server, as you wrote - you do not start node agent, just the server.

From the other side in the SystemOut.log you attach it clearly states that node agent was able to start earlier (so it had to be federated)

[8/15/13 13:46:15:614 CST] 00000000 AdminTool     A   ADMU3000I: Server nodeagent open for e-business; process id is 6792

But is failing later:

[8/16/13 11:34:08:017 CST] 00000000 AdminTool     A   ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. Server logs, startServer.log, and other log files under C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\nodeagent should contain failure information.

Unfortunately attached SystemOut ends at:

[8/15/13 18:04:32:461 CST] 000001f8 NodeSyncTask  A   ADMS0003I: The configuration synchronization completed successfully.

there are no entries from 16 or later.

Maybe it fails to start because node agent is already running?

Go to the C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\bin folder and run the following:

serverStatus -all

Check what servers you have and in which state they are.

Issue:

stopNode

to stop the node agent, check if stop was successful.

Check via Task manager if you have any websphere java processes and kill if you have.

Restart node agent.

Gas

• jpvillegas
    jpvillegas
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-23T01:20:24Z  
    • gas
    • ‏2013-08-22T10:08:38Z

Hi,

Something is not correct in your configuration.

If this is standalone server, as you wrote - you do not start node agent, just the server.

From the other side in the SystemOut.log you attach it clearly states that node agent was able to start earlier (so it had to be federated)

[8/15/13 13:46:15:614 CST] 00000000 AdminTool     A   ADMU3000I: Server nodeagent open for e-business; process id is 6792

But is failing later:

[8/16/13 11:34:08:017 CST] 00000000 AdminTool     A   ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. Server logs, startServer.log, and other log files under C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\nodeagent should contain failure information.

Unfortunately attached SystemOut ends at:

[8/15/13 18:04:32:461 CST] 000001f8 NodeSyncTask  A   ADMS0003I: The configuration synchronization completed successfully.

there are no entries from 16 or later.

Maybe it fails to start because node agent is already running?

Go to the C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\bin folder and run the following:

serverStatus -all

Check what servers you have and in which state they are.

Issue:

stopNode

to stop the node agent, check if stop was successful.

Check via Task manager if you have any websphere java processes and kill if you have.

Restart node agent.

Gas

Here's the result of serverStatus -all. I also tried to start those server but it has the same error as on my first post.

i also issue stopNode but the node is already stopped.

Thanks man for helping!

Attachments

Updated on 2013-08-23T01:22:44Z at 2013-08-23T01:22:44Z by jpvillegas
  • jpvillegas
    jpvillegas
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-23T01:51:55Z  

Here's the result of serverStatus -all. I also tried to start those server but it has the same error as on my first post.

i also issue stopNode but the node is already stopped.

Thanks man for helping!

and also when i tried to start the server on websphere console it says that "Server cannot be started because the node agent for server connections_server on node WIN-ETLCB8PB3T2Node01 is not active"

but when i go to System administrator -> nodes -> and Check WIN-ETLCB8PB3T2Node01 and click full resynchronize. it says " the sync operation can not be performed on node WIN-ETLCB8PB3T2Node1 because its node agent is not active"

but when i go to System administrator -> node agents -> and check node agent(it is stopped) so i restart the node it says that "the node agent on node WIN-ETLCB8PB3T2Node01 must be started to perform the restart operation. Node agents in stopped state can not be started from the console"

• gas
    gas
    921 Posts

‏2013-08-23T08:08:47Z  

Delete all logs.

Attach to the post fresh SystemOut.log file from C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\nodeagent

• jpvillegas
    jpvillegas
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-29T06:13:30Z  
    • gas
    • ‏2013-08-23T08:08:47Z

Delete all logs.

Thanks man!