Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-09T06:44:42Z by Padam Khatana
andresmgs
andresmgs
46 Posts

Pinned topic TAM for eb / SAM for Web integration with Java 1.5-based web portal

‏2013-10-23T15:30:55Z |

Hello everyone.

One of our customers have a web portal based on Java 1.5 and is asking if it can be integrated with Access Manager for e-business of Access Manager for Web.

My biggest concern is that WebSEAL can "see" the portlets that are used by that web portal, so we can integrate it using a simple forms authentication.

This is the java version's information:

java version "1.5.0_04"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_04-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_04-b05, mixed mode)

Any idea or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Regards. Andres.

Updated on 2013-10-23T15:46:03Z at 2013-10-23T15:46:03Z by andresmgs
  • andresmgs
    andresmgs
    46 Posts

Re: TAM for eb / SAM for Web integration with Java 1.5-based web portal

‏2013-10-30T20:01:02Z  

Any idea or suggestion about this?

Regards, Andres.

• goonitsupport
    goonitsupport
    107 Posts

‏2013-11-03T08:43:12Z  
    • andresmgs
    • ‏2013-10-30T20:01:02Z

Any idea or suggestion about this?

Regards, Andres.

I think your question shows a lack of understanding of WebEAL. The java version is irrelevant I would suggest.

The simple answer to your question is yes it can be acheived. The question is what integration you require (SSO I assume) and how it will be achieved which will depend on what the Portal product is and whether it can be customised / configured to rely on WebSEAL trusts for authentication or whether you need to maintain password based authentication using GSO.

• andresmgs
    andresmgs
    46 Posts

‏2013-11-08T16:55:37Z  

I think your question shows a lack of understanding of WebEAL. The java version is irrelevant I would suggest.

The simple answer to your question is yes it can be acheived. The question is what integration you require (SSO I assume) and how it will be achieved which will depend on what the Portal product is and whether it can be customised / configured to rely on WebSEAL trusts for authentication or whether you need to maintain password based authentication using GSO.

Hello goonitsupport. Thanks for your answer.

Our customer have nearly 40 applets and 20 external web apps which are invoked within the same web portal. The web apps are invoked in an iframe.

All applets and web apps uses the same LDAP registry for authentication. So I guess it would be a matter to change that LDAP for SAMWEB's own TDS and bring it down the authentication information to that TDS.

Does it sound good? Any other suggestion to keep in mind?

Regards, Andres.

• Padam Khatana
    Padam Khatana
    15 Posts

‏2013-11-09T06:44:42Z  
    • andresmgs
    • ‏2013-11-08T16:55:37Z

Hello goonitsupport. Thanks for your answer.

Our customer have nearly 40 applets and 20 external web apps which are invoked within the same web portal. The web apps are invoked in an iframe.

All applets and web apps uses the same LDAP registry for authentication. So I guess it would be a matter to change that LDAP for SAMWEB's own TDS and bring it down the authentication information to that TDS.

Does it sound good? Any other suggestion to keep in mind?

Regards, Andres.

Hello,

After integration of Java Portal with SAM, SAMweb will do authentication using Form Authentication against SAM TDS and pass on user information to Java Portal which deployed on some Websphere application server which will check userid not password in its TDS for authorization purpose, Java Portal TDS will not do authentication in this case.

HTH,

Padam Khatana