3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-30T14:15:04Z by vpetrell
caiazpa
caiazpa
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Report to list count of computers per network

‏2013-04-22T16:10:15Z |

Hi All,

I am trying to put together a report which will display the number of computers on each network throughout our organization.  We have about 100 different subnets and I am trying to illustrate where we lack coverage via TEM.  This is part of our overall approach to enabling the asset discovery capability.  I know what networks we have, but I want to make sure we have at least one TEM client on each subnet.

I was thinking I could search for computers where IP Address contains "X.X.X." where IP octets chosen correspond to the different subnets.

So, Ideally, my report looks like the following:

Network           Count

1.2.3.0                5

1.2.4.0                10

1.2.5.0                0

I intend to populate the search string with the list of known networks, but it may also be useful to display a number of computers which exist on 'unknown' networks, or network addresses which do not match any of my pre-populated search strings.  I would then need to craft a second report which provides the backup detail on these machines.

Any thoughts, suggestions or help crafting the relevance would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

• Zanesand
    Zanesand
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Report to list count of computers per network

‏2013-04-30T08:08:17Z  in response to caiazpa

Paul heres something i compiled from a report to list duplicate DNS Names 

Finally a statement suitable as a custom report in Web Reports.
    You create it by going to Web Reports --> Explore Data --> Custom --> paste the statement then Save Report

<?relevance (html 
    "<table border=1 style=%22border-collapse: collapse; border: medium none;%22>" & html (
    "<th>Subnets</th><th>Count</th>") & it & html 
    "</table>") of concatenation of trs of (td of it & td of  (multiplicity of it as string)) of unique values whose (multiplicity of it > 1) of (

if (it = 
    "") then 
    "Missing Subnet Address" 

else (it)) of values of results from (bes computers) of bes property whose (name of it = 
    "Subnet Address") ?>

Hope this helps

Regards

Zane

• caiazpa
      caiazpa
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-30T13:13:27Z  in response to Zanesand

Hi Zane,

Thanks - this is definitely helpful. 

What is still missing is the ability to populate a query with a known list of Subnet addresses to determine if there are any which we have 0 coverage.  Any idea how to do that?

Thanks,

Paul

• vpetrell
        vpetrell
        8 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-30T14:15:04Z  in response to caiazpa

You could use the excel connector and bring in the computer info along with the subnet column, then dump the data into a pivot table and count by subnet. It should give you the totals your looking for.