Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-28T16:49:56Z by pdubovitsky
Kavikrishnan
Kavikrishnan
2 Posts

Pinned topic How to pull the Field's Label Name in ClearQuest by Querying ?

‏2013-08-28T06:21:10Z |

I want to get the list of CQ field's label name for a Record type, Currently I am able to query out the Field Name and its associated Database Name, but i need a query with Label name and its associated Field Name. I could not get the table name in which the Field's label name is stored. Could anyone help me in this? Thanks!

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    279 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to pull the Field's Label Name in ClearQuest by Querying ?

‏2013-08-28T06:59:22Z  

Do you mean the label in a record form? In this case, you cannot query on it because the label is not part of the data structure. It is simply a presentation (pure text) within the record form.

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    279 Posts

‏2013-08-28T06:59:22Z  

Do you mean the label in a record form? In this case, you cannot query on it because the label is not part of the data structure. It is simply a presentation (pure text) within the record form.

• Kavikrishnan
    Kavikrishnan
    2 Posts

‏2013-08-28T07:58:31Z  
    • DonaldN
    • ‏2013-08-28T06:59:22Z

Thanks for the response.
    Yes, I meant the label in a record form only, is there any other way to get the label name and its associated field name in clearquest?

• pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

‏2013-08-28T16:49:56Z  

Thanks for the response.
    Yes, I meant the label in a record form only, is there any other way to get the label name and its associated field name in clearquest?

You can use GetFormDataAsXML() method of CQForm object and parse it. For example:
    $session->GetEntityDef("Defect")->GetActionDefForm("Submit")->GetFormDataAsXML();

Pavel