IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-01-31T12:08:51Z by RTCJ_Jacek_Biel
RTCJ_Jacek_Biel
RTCJ_Jacek_Biel
4 Posts

Pinned topic Allocateted size of varchar-fields

‏2018-01-24T11:54:08Z |

Hello all,

we want to check our varchar-fields definitions - in which SYS-table is the information ALLOCATE stored?

THX in advance -

Dieter 

• FPLAZAVI
    FPLAZAVI
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Allocateted size of varchar-fields

‏2018-01-25T08:55:48Z  

Hi, i hope that this answer your question

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_73/db2/rbafzcatsyststat.htm

SYSTABLESTAT : The SYSTABLESTAT view contains one row for every table. If the table has more than one partition or member, the statistics include all partitions and members. If the table is a distributed table, the partitions that reside on other database nodes are not included. They are contained in the catalog views of the other database nodes.

OVERFLOW OVERFLOW BIGINT The estimated number of rows that have overflowed to variable length segments. If the table does not contain variable length or LOB columns, contains 0.
  • stiruvee
    stiruvee
    48 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2018-01-25T09:34:49Z  

Check column INLINE_LENGTH in view QSYS2.SYSCOLUMNS2.

• FPLAZAVI
    FPLAZAVI
    20 Posts

‏2018-01-25T08:55:48Z  

Hi, i hope that this answer your question

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_73/db2/rbafzcatsyststat.htm

SYSTABLESTAT : The SYSTABLESTAT view contains one row for every table. If the table has more than one partition or member, the statistics include all partitions and members. If the table is a distributed table, the partitions that reside on other database nodes are not included. They are contained in the catalog views of the other database nodes.

OVERFLOW OVERFLOW BIGINT The estimated number of rows that have overflowed to variable length segments. If the table does not contain variable length or LOB columns, contains 0.
  • stiruvee
    stiruvee
    48 Posts

‏2018-01-25T09:34:49Z  

• RTCJ_Jacek_Biel
    RTCJ_Jacek_Biel
    4 Posts

‏2018-01-31T12:08:51Z  
    • stiruvee
    • ‏2018-01-25T09:34:49Z

Thanks to all,

works perfect - that's exactly i'm looking for!

Bye Dieter