Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-16T14:04:17Z by DanielWagemann
SP_
SP_
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Parameters are not passing properly from Analysis Studio to RS Report

‏2013-05-04T11:07:12Z |

Hello All,

In the analysis studio we are creating a report where we have Product line(Dimension) in rows, Count(Measure) in Column.

I click on product line and create a custom filter with type attribute like , Product Line1.Product Line-Long Name <Does not matche> Golf Equipment

The filter is getting applied properly. But at this point I drag As Of Date onto the Product line, the Product Line automatically goes into the Context Filter area.

When i try to drill thru and click on the passed source values I could see the parameter as below

[sample_package].[Product].[Product].[Product Line]->:[PC].[@MEMBER].[Product Line]

But here I require the all the values in Product Line except Golf Equipement to be passed.

Can anyone help me on this..

• OpherB
    OpherB
    677 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Parameters are not passing properly from Analysis Studio to RS Report

‏2013-05-06T17:44:13Z  in response to SP_

What happens if you drill-through before using the AS OF Date?

Opher

• Glen.S
    Glen.S
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-06T21:14:07Z  in response to SP_

I'm not sure I understand your question. Drill through works on the basis of a single cross-tab intersection that you click on, where only 1 member from each hierarchy is in play. That forms a tuple, which is sent to the target report as the drill-through context. How do you want the filter on Product Line to affect this?

• DanielWagemann
      DanielWagemann
      850 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-07T11:04:03Z  in response to Glen.S

I went ahead and actually tried what the original poster posted,  so what happens is after you set a label filter on the Product Line column.  (In my case I filtered out Camping Equipment.)  The crosstab reflects the filtered Product Line Set and the Column drop zone at the top show a fitler icon beside Product Line.  If you then move or displace this item into the context drop area, it still displays as a filtered object, however if you do the drill through it passes the entire product line by using the parent aka the filtered set is not passed. 

I can get this to work two ways:  If the filtered Product Line is projected on an edge, I can CTRL click and highlight the ones I want passed to the drill through.  This will allow me to pass the multiple members.

OR

Instead of fitlering I can select all the individual members from the Product Line (expcept Camping Equipment) and drag them on the context filter creating a set.  In both these cases I see all the members of Product Line, except for Caming Equipment  projected on the drill through specificaiton (debug) screen.

• SP_
        SP_
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T06:23:41Z  in response to DanielWagemann

Whatever you mentioned is exactly correct. As you have told, in order to have the parameters passed we should have the selected members to be present on an edge or atleast CTRL click the categories and create a custom subest and use it in the context filter. But still is there any other way to pass the individual categories without using the above two methods??

Updated on 2013-05-14T06:24:22Z at 2013-05-14T06:24:22Z by SP_
        • DanielWagemann
          DanielWagemann
          850 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T14:04:17Z  in response to SP_

The above two methods were the only way I could get multiple MUNs to pass.