IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on January 2, 2020. This forum will no longer be available unless an extension has been requested. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-01-13T10:44:17Z by richardm92
richardm92
richardm92
2 Posts

Pinned topic RUNSQLSTM from STMF with CCSID 1208

‏2019-01-07T17:24:55Z |

I'm attempting to run an SQL script from an RPGLE program by executing  the RUNSQLSTM command and specifying a SRCSTMF.

What I'm struggling with is understanding why the CCSID of the STMF is not being respected.

The SQL CREATE VIEW command contained within my STMF includes a hard-coded € (Euro symbol), the STMF has a CCSID of 1208.

When I process my RPGLE program the view is created but the € (Euro symbol) is shown as a ¤ character.

If I manually process the RUNSQLSTM command (from a command line) I get the same result.

The job I'm processing the RPGLE program (and RUNSQLSTM command) from has a CCSID of 1146 and if I view the STMF from this job I can see the Euro symbol.

If I run the same SQL statement through the ACS Run SQL Scripts interface then I get the Euro symbol.

Does the RUNSQLSTM command deal with CCSID conversions?

Has anyone had a similar issue?

- Richard

• richardm92
    richardm92
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RUNSQLSTM from STMF with CCSID 1208

‏2019-01-13T10:44:17Z  

This was me.

I tried various things at various points and I had left in an explicit cast to CCSID 1208 within the view.

When I removed this it worked as expected.

- Richard

• richardm92
    richardm92
    2 Posts

Re: RUNSQLSTM from STMF with CCSID 1208

‏2019-01-13T10:44:17Z  

This was me.

I tried various things at various points and I had left in an explicit cast to CCSID 1208 within the view.

When I removed this it worked as expected.

- Richard